• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242 interior panels?

blu92in99

I hate you all, equally
Is there any reason why the rear interior panels from an '83 242 would NOT fit a '75 242? I know it'll fit the 76-84's without problem, but I want to be absolutely sure about the '75...

-Justin

blu92in99 said:
Is there any reason why the rear interior panels from an '83 242 would NOT fit a '75 242? I know it'll fit the 76-84's without problem, but I want to be absolutely sure about the '75...

-Justin

for what its worth, i have 78/79 242 GT panels in my '83

I appreciate it Dana. :) I've done interior swaps between the 76-84 years before, between various models and years throughout, including GT. From what I've seen, the difference was almost entirely in the covers, not the fiberboard backing. But I've never gotten my hands on a '75; and since that was the first year of the 240, it may have still had a 140 interior. Since I have zero experience with the interiors on the 140's, hence the question.

I guess I should rephrase this to be - "Are 142 & 242 rear interior panels swappable without modification?"

-Justin

blu92in99 said:
I guess I should rephrase this to be - "Are 142 & 242 rear interior panels swappable without modification?"

-Justin

They may not be identical, but they are interchangeable.

Last edited:
blu92in99 said:
I appreciate it Dana. :) I've done interior swaps between the 76-84 years before, between various models and years throughout, including GT. From what I've seen, the difference was almost entirely in the covers, not the fiberboard backing. But I've never gotten my hands on a '75; and since that was the first year of the 240, it may have still had a 140 interior. Since I have zero experience with the interiors on the 140's, hence the question.

-Justin

Very easily swappable.. all 240's I have had 75,79,83, etc etc etc all have same door panels and 242's and 142's I have can be interchanged also
Sean

Snoop Dougy Doug said:
when did you get a 75?

and why didn't you give it to mE!?
:rofl: I didn't pick up a '75 242. I wish though, I'd swap the drivetrain from my '83 into it!

I have that other set of black interior panels & door panels out of my '83, and somebody who's interested in buying them wants to know if they'll fit their '75.

-Justin

vurbo said:
i have no idea why they woulden't. so yes they will.
Wow, that's such a clear, concise answer. You must be a design engineer, yes? :lol:

Question's been answered twice in this thread already. But hey, thanks for the support! :-P

Back