• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Microsquirt Bluetooth

zinkie

Not sure if this has this has been posted here before...

I was looking to for different solutions to add Bluetooth to Microsquirt. Ive seen the plug in serial adapter but the setup seemed kinda cumbersome, with having to use a external power tap to power the module. Some also seem geared to Megasquirt 2/3 which I beleive have power over the serial cable (I think??) eliminating the external power source. Then I came across this pretty informative DIY:

http://www.makestuffblog.com/2016/01/31/adding-bluetooth-to-microsquirt/?ckattempt=1

I ended picking up the module HC-05 module and TTL serial cable off of amazon for $16:cool: Then used TeraTerm instead of an Arduino reconfigure the baud-rate to Megasquirt friendly. If you check out the DIY he shows where power and data can be tapped into directly on the Microsquirt board. I also added a power switch inline when wiring in the module so I can switch between using bluetooth and the normal serial cable. Here are some pics on the install:
DDRNBjRl.jpg
k0mAfnIl.jpg
poz5jT8l.jpg
1MPceBDl.jpg
Z0ri6Nol.jpg

So far I have been using it with MSDroid and it has been working flawlessly. I never knew you could actually tune over it. Gonna play with Shadow Dash one one of these days.

Yeah! I love the internal install.

I'm running MS1 with and external BT rs232 module and a home made cross over/pwr cable. Looking at cleaning it up so that when plugged in it looks like a cap over the DB9, and having a T in my DB9 so I can tune with my laptop if needed. So far MSDROID is getting to be pretty killer. The linked to dropbox is great too. I'm actually converting all my gauges to runn out of MSDROID, and Trevor has been awesome getting stuff handled. Just need to work out autotune.

Back