• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MikeJr.'s 92 245 project

Yeah all my dyno runs have looked like that. My plans are to get an msd box to cure that problem. Kenny said it made a world of difference on his car.

dang, double quoted in the same post ;)

the msd on my 16v was the cat's ass. After putting it on the car it would spin tires pretty much anywhere below about 50mph in first thro 3rd.

basically anyone over about 250hp would benefit from having a CD ignition (be it msd, crane, etc)

That's interesting. Which model MSD box were you running? I have a 6AL sat on the shelf for my NA....wondering if it would be a good idea to fit it, or whether it'll just delay me dropping in the '230 turbo.

cheers

James

51461357.IMG_1789.jpg

47446161.IMG_1113_edited.jpg

47446386.IMG_0904.jpg

69766324.JABvCEYv.jpg

69766369.fDjkoH8O.jpg

73259117.ioaPpThs.jpg

74275061.ZfAaOduM.jpg

Can ya see them all? I posted like 7 of them up there but I'm only seeing one now... damn pbase...

And here is what they do:

75622719.fQCNivVp.jpg

I’ll add more to this page soon. Stay tuned.

MikeJr.
[/QUOTE]

It's amazing to me how much power your engine is making at such a low RPM. If you some how get that thing to rev to 7K it would be a monster. It must be a monster now with the torque it has. I've never seen both power and torque curves peak at roughly the same RPM.:cool:

It's amazing to me how much power your engine is making at such a low RPM. If you some how get that thing to rev to 7K it would be a monster. It must be a monster now with the torque it has. I've never seen both power and torque curves peak at roughly the same RPM.:cool:
Yeah right now I'm working out a few problems so I'll have that power back, but the turbo is still way to big for that head.

That there is a BEAUTIFUL dyno graph!!! Did you log AFR??? Whats happening at about 4800 RPM is likely over/underfueling, my guess is underfueling. Using the LH 2.4 and 46lb injectors, the LH is topping out at 80-85% DC, hitting your fueling system max. I wouldnt change a thing on that setup except to add an MSNS-e system that controls timing and fuel, also some larger injectors!!

Back