• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

So my Titans don't clear my S60R brakes in front!!!!1

smith_t240

Abnormally Aspirated
Damn it all, here are some pictures:

titanRbrakefitment013.jpg

titanRbrakefitment012.jpg

titanRbrakefitment011.jpg

titanRbrakefitment010.jpg

titanRbrakefitment009.jpg

titanRbrakefitment008.jpg

titanRbrakefitment007.jpg

titanRbrakefitment006.jpg

titanRbrakefitment005.jpg

titanRbrakefitment004.jpg

titanRbrakefitment003.jpg

titanRbrakefitment002.jpg

titanRbrakefitment001.jpg

I can force the rim to spin, but it scratches the **** out of the rim. Otherwise if I try to freewheel it, it will hit the caliper and stop. It only hits on the 5 spokes as they extend towards the back of the rim.

Edit: This is with my 25 mm spacers up front. I tried the 32 mm spacers from the back and it still rubbed.

What can I do? I want both, so I may just grind the calipers down?

Last edited:
This is pretty common in the FWD World, people either get different wheels or run spacers.

Here are some pics of some spacers made for just this purpose

54736342.jpg

54736338.jpg

There are several 17 inch Volvo wheels that clear . At least with my 20MM spacers up front.
Volans Thor Of course the Pegs

47213016.jpg

Voxx Misano 17X8 I can get you a good deal on a set of Voxx misano's

well you were talking about kalfunky whipping something up, and he was demonstrating his solution in post 5, so... :e-shrug: :nono:

yeah while I was posting ...BNE's hit the boards first. I only had the reply window open and left for a min to retrieve something and when I hit the Submit Reply I noticed BNE reply was there first. I also posted a pic to show him that I too run Titans, BBK's and S60R rotors. I believe a small spacer would cure that... instead a few of you never offered any helpful advise even yourself adrianpike .... so why are you on my nuts man? :lol:

BTW adrianpike it's NOT kalfunky ..... It's Kaplhenke Racing fewl.

g@ttigang

:???:

Oh, it's kalfunky all right. It's kalfunky. I notice your ninja edit, had to go look up how to spell it too? :-D

:lol: no ninja just 3 kids yelling at me because their hungry. Actually if you ever bought something from him you would know how spell his Company name. Have you ever bought something from BNE? Just curious.

g@ttigang

Last edited:
it dosent look like it hits too hard.. i would clearance the calipers (grind down the high spots) alot of my friends need to do this on their drift cars because they run so many different wheels, they just grind the little bit off the caliper. just use good judgment on taking more off. my .02

:lol: no ninja just 3 kids yelling at me because their hungry. Actually if you ever bought something from him you would know how spell his Company name. Have you ever bought something from BNE? Just curious.

g@ttigang

I think he has some camber plates that are a nice paper weight because they sit on his desk instead of his ride.

I think he has some camber plates that are a nice paper weight because they sit on his desk instead of his ride.

actually they're on a chain around my neck right now. my gangsta gangsta two fo' five is rocking the jackstand ride height right now. again.

This is with the 25 mm spacers up front, tried the 32 mm spacers, still wouldn't fit. I am going to grind my calipers for now, as I think that will work for now.

I think 18s are too big for 240s. If I would've known before I would have bought 17" pegs.

What is the minimum amount of clearance one (I) should allow between the caliper and rim - just enough so it clears, or more?

Back