• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

82 242 Turbo....1 Owner, great find

82Turbo240

In August of 06' i was on my way back from my dads friends garage when off to the side of the road i saw a 242 just sittin in this guys driveway with no plates on it so i told my dad to turn around, went back and was talking to him about it and he purchased the car brand new in 82' the car is very clean rustwise and only has 1 spot of minimal surface rust which isnt bad at all, it has 135k miles on it with the 4spd w/od trans, tan leather interior,crank sunroof, power windows,and the interior was in descent shape too, after talking to the guy he said the turbo went bad in it but him and his wife loved the car so he wasnt sure if he wanted to sell it right then but i gave him my phone number and told him i was VERY interested in the car, so about a year later still no response i decided to drive out to the car which was located in near Montrose PA on this side road, i was happy to see that the car was stil there and went to talk to him again, he said if i really want it i could have it for $500 bucks came up the next weekend and 5 greenbacks in his hand and i knew i got a clean 240, luckily he left the car to sit in his driveway not the grass so it didnt rust out. The underside of the car is very clean also..i only have a few pics of it in front of his house after he decided to sell it, but car is getting running right now and will post more pics when i get the car back...thanks for looking at my story how i got my 240 Turbo ive always been looking for a 2 door Turbo and i finally found one, and a nice one at that...:):):):cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
pics

l_d77a4d989a88d1b7f44ab0b4e723fac2.jpg

l_644d5aa7551ded396b42a5b530310e30.jpg
little photoshop work not that great at it but still looks cool
l_3e9b74ae20d482178fcbed2c41f40e56.jpg

I will be posting better pics of the car when i get it back from being fixed...let me know what you think of the car...:)

thanks yea its a really solid car just needs to be restored, i ordered $400 worth of stuff from IPD and it came in thurs. and i dropped off the parts to be put in, i ordered air filter,oil filter, oil filter magnet, in tank feul pump, sending unit($$$),and IPD performance plug wires, i also already recieved a new fuel tank that i ordered for it beacause the old ones gas in it made it rust, and the main fuel pump for it as well as spark plugs, as of right now im just trying to get the car to stage "0" but is almost there all the new parts that i need to run are going on soon, and the guy who works on my friends and my volvos has a turbo for it and he said $100 and it should be at stage "0" ......hope to hear what u guys think...:)

I was thinking about calling the guy i got the car from and seeing if he had any pics of the car when it was new or close to new condition. i actually talk with his daughter so i might be able to get some nice pics of it hopefully i really wanna see the car new looking....:cool:

more pics found!!

I found a few more pics that my dad took when we got it back to our house after towing it and in tow.....with a heavy duty strap, no dolly needed lol srry about eh picture quality i had to scan them onto my comp...will have better pics when i get car back!! enjoy:)

l_ab6eb0271be8f327d507e63eaef9e1e2.jpg

l_8e004babf0e848d81f1aea71de80179d.jpg

l_9c2241308e4bcb21fb783964b2feb2eb.jpg

Last edited:
more pics found!!

I found a few more pics that my dad took when we got it back to our house after towing it and in tow.....with a heavy duty strap, no dolly needed lol srry about eh picture quality i had to scan them onto my comp...will have better pics when i get car back!! enjoy:)

volvo%20side.jpg

volvo%20front%20in%20road.jpg

volvo%20in%20tow.jpg

The pictures show up as X because you've linked them to your own hard drive. You need to upload them first.

Not a bad car. Find yourself a dash from a 1987-89 240 with tan interior. Grab it, complete with the glovebox... Swap it in, and you'll have the two-tone dash, instead of the tan one that always looks like arse...

-J

Back