• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Weld in coilovers

Swedishconnection

Hey gang are there any other cheaper options for weld in coil overs like the bc coil overs? Don?t really wanna do the diy method with parts from kapelhenke seems overpriced for what it is and more work I just wanna weld the bottom portion to the spindle an be done with it. Have we found any options from other cars that work? It?s been awhile since I?ve been on here but since I last posted car now has a 590ci blown alky big block :) just needs some stance upfront an we?ll be ready for the track. To remain in the class I?m racing I kept factory front strut towers so now have to figure that sheeet out thanks for the input y?all

Hey gang are there any other cheaper options for weld in coil overs like the bc coil overs? Don?t really wanna do the diy method with parts from kapelhenke seems overpriced for what it is and more work I just wanna weld the bottom portion to the spindle an be done with it. Have we found any options from other cars that work? It?s been awhile since I?ve been on here but since I last posted car now has a 590ci blown alky big block :) just needs some stance upfront an we?ll be ready for the track. To remain in the class I?m racing I kept factory front strut towers so now have to figure that sheeet out thanks for the input y?all

:drama:

bummer you ran out of money after the alky BB, but before the coilovers, a problem that has beset several members here.

The motor you are talking about sounds pretty cool! Having said that, the Kaplhenke coilovers probably cost a lot less than running that motor for a season.

I get what you are asking and not trying to give ya any crap, but you have to be willing to spend out a bit on the suspension to back up that engine, and Kaplhenke is under $1k. I feel that is reasonable and it's not like there are a ton of people competing for our business.

Why not just use lowering springs for now and save up for whatever coilovers you want? It will go without a perfect stance, hope ya post a vid of it!

Lol I could tackle diy coilovers no problem do I want to? Not really seems more jankie than a welded on strut... as far as money goes if I could just keep building this car forever if I wanted to but after almost 4 years I kind of want to drive it... so back to thee original question lol

The motor you are talking about sounds pretty cool! Having said that, the Kaplhenke coilovers probably cost a lot less than running that motor for a season.

I get what you are asking and not trying to give ya any crap, but you have to be willing to spend out a bit on the suspension to back up that engine, and Kaplhenke is under $1k. I feel that is reasonable and it's not like there are a ton of people competing for our business.

Why not just use lowering springs for now and save up for whatever coilovers you want? It will go without a perfect stance, hope ya post a vid of it!

Lol yea this seasons just coming up and we are sooo close to finishing if I knew how to post pics on this forum I would... motor has eaten up quite a bit but everything so far has been second hand mostly... I suppose I could buy there kit. But it looks like the bc coilovers for 1000 bucks looks of better quality

I can't speak on the quality of BC vs Kaplhenke. I do like to support our smaller vendors though, BC doesn't need your money.

For posting pics, I use Imgur. If you can get photos onto the computer from your phone or camera, upload it to Imgur. Click on the picture and you will see a bunch of links on the right side of the screen. Underneath those links is a list of photo sizes, click large. Then click the copy button next to the BB code link, second from the bottom. Come back here and paste (pushing Ctrl and V button works well also) and you posted a pic.

I'm on BC Coilovers and have zero problems with my welding to the knuckle. I can't say they sell you the best dampers on the planet but for the price it's acceptable.

I got my sleeves and springs from rallyshop.se.
Depending on dampers it could be done quite cheap.

I got my sleeves and springs from rallyshop.se.
Depending on dampers it could be done quite cheap.

What did you do for your upper spring perch? I suppose a guy could just get some aluminum plate weld a bearing driver in the middle and drill some holes for the strut towers ?

What did you do for your upper spring perch? I suppose a guy could just get some aluminum plate weld a bearing driver in the middle and drill some holes for the strut towers ?

Modified the stock one and welded a cylinder with the correct diameter to in order to create a spring seat. (of the coil over spring)

This is the reason I got them for my 960. By the time you price out mounts, bearings, etc on the stock tubes it's cheaper to just buy the BC stuff.

Back