• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Middle Ground Suspension

The FCOEuro 1229337 springs were about 14.2mm when I measured mine. I've been using a set on the front of my wagon for over 200k miles. They work great and provide a firm controlled ride that is still comfortable.

Excellent. And just to make sure, they are the same ones I have linked, the Lesjofors 4095801?

Unless the lesjofors spring is made of some type of better spring steel. The 13.5mm spring is not the same as what I have. I have what is in the link to the Volvo web store spring. Mine were 14.2 mm like that listing.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-coil-spring-lesjofors-1229337

These look to be the HD equivalent to the GT springs, is that correct? Looks like they are 13.50mm instead of the 14.20 or 14.80mm the GT cars came with.

How are they in comparison to OE springs? https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/...ing-Genuine-Classic-Part/1110519/1229337.html

:nono:

1979 GT is the ONE year only 240 model with the 4 cylinder stock ride height 14.2mm ? front springs.

It's also the only 240 that came with a larger [23mm] rear bar than the front.

Edit;

And strut tower reinforcing plates for the thicker springs.

Last edited:
Don't lump me in with the birds. I actually pay real money for parts when needed :cameron:
Not me, i know what you/yinz/y’all have.

Unless the lesjofors spring is made of some type of better spring steel. The 13.5mm spring is not the same as what I have. I have what is in the link to the Volvo web store spring. Mine were 14.2 mm like that listing.

Steel is steel is steel.
For torsional modulus.
Sway bar spring haiku.

For reference, here is the reply I got post purchase:

"Hello!

We've received your order but I just wanted to reach out as the front coil spring in question is a classic part with no stock in the US. Due to that the part would take roughly a month to arrive as it would come out of Sweden and would be non returnable. If this is still alright with you I can get it on order!

Let me know and I'll get the order going. Thanks!"

Ask them to verify the wire diameter before shipping.

He's responded: "Yes, you're correct. Per the catalog the spring diameter shows 14.2mm."

Great, should be the correct item. If they end up sending me something different, I'm sure they will make it better.

He's responded: "Yes, you're correct. Per the catalog the spring diameter shows 14.2mm."

Great, should be the correct item. If they end up sending me something different, I'm sure they will make it better.

They make a nice match for the overload springs in the back, a tiny bit stiffer but no porpoising in rough ground or over the railroad tracks.

They make a nice match for the overload springs in the back, a tiny bit stiffer but no porpoising in rough ground or over the railroad tracks.

RockAuto lists the "heavy duty" springs for my 242 as the stock Wagon springs. And then there are the wagon overloads which must be even stiffer than that.

Will overload springs lift the butt of my 242? Hopefully not too much :lol:

I've got a B21FT for you when you are ready. My wagon uses the 1229337 front springs and the rear wagon overloads. It's a good combo but it rides better when you load up the back a little.

RockAuto lists the "heavy duty" springs for my 242 as the stock Wagon springs. And then there are the wagon overloads which must be even stiffer than that.

Will overload springs lift the butt of my 242? Hopefully not too much :lol:

242 rear springs are really spindly 12.4mm wire & 16 & 1/4" free length.

Springs242Rear1.jpg

I'd go with stock 244 junkyard springs, and see how it looks, or gently cut stock wagon springs.

PnP free 30 day returns FTW.

Last edited:
Back