• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by ))<>((

1. ))<>((

Vintage B18 High RPM stumble

1968 142S B18 w/ SUs, points, M41 At about 3k or so in neutral and all gears there is a stumble, almost like a backfire but it's there no popping. The best way I can describe it is it feels like hitting redline, but at like 3200rpm What's New/been done: New Coil (Bosch blue, also have 2...
  2. ))<>((

B18 Timing help

Bought this car 2 years ago and it's never really ran right. I've gotten it driving, but it was never really happy at the top end. I need someone to verify my cam/crank gears were installed correctly by a previous owner or if the cam is 180 degrees out (if that's even possible?) This is my first...
  3. ))<>((

Volvo 140 Blower Motor

Trying to get the 140 (1968) ready for colder weather driving, so first step is getting a working blower motor. Pulled the assembly and the motor will rock gently if given 12V. Doesn't spin too freely, but will spin with some help. I found the Volvo part # (675999), but it seems to be a...
  4. ))<>((

240 kjet no start after replacing CPR

84 240 turbo A year ago the car would run for about a minute or two, then die. Before that it had issues with acceleration. Replaced fuel pump (in tank) and issue remained. Users here recommended I replace the Control Pressure Regulator (mine has the 2 year 128 altitude adjustment version)...
  5. ))<>((

1975 242, **** it.

Heard through the grape vine that a 75 242 shell was up for sale in Oregon. Quickly got the details, got in touch and sent my money as fast as possible (5/1/2015). That night I had a tow scheduled to ship it from Portland area to CA on Monday. Car arrived 5/5/2015. Plans: No smog. Some kind of...
  6. ))<>((

740 Severe DS vibration sort of after replacing bearing/mount

1990 740T Automatic About a month or two ago I replaced the transmission mount, DS front bolts (non-oem bolts!), DS bearing and DSmount. Things were peachy with a little bit of vibration, but I figured the mount for the DS needed to get broken in. Fast forward to now, there is severe...
  7. ))<>((

Cut springs on 90 744T

2 coils front, 3ish rear. On my last 90 744T I ended up doing 2 front 2 rear, but it had some rake. This time around I wanted to avoid that, so I took 3 off the rear. No it's not the same car, but damn close. <3 189
  8. ))<>((

740 ABS light after changing diff fluid

1990 740 Turbo Auto. I serviced my driveshaft/rear end a month ago and ever since I would get an Anti Lock light when taking corners fast or big bumps. I narrowed it down to probably being related to too much diff fluid causing the sensor to freak out or a bad sensor. Today I drained a bit of...
  9. ))<>((

Drive shaft compatibility between 7xx/9xx (AW7x)

Car: 90 740 Turbo sedan, automagic. The drive shaft on my car seems to need u-joints as it's making a racket in reverse and the support bearing/mount needs to be replaced anyway. I commute in this thing 500 miles a week and don't have time for the car to be down an extended amount of time, so I...
  10. ))<>((

1989 780 Turbo Lemons racer

Back story: Some friends and I wanted to get into Lemons. We started adding up the costs and trying to figure out what car would be best for reliability, maintenance, performance, etc. A turnkey lemons racer showed up on CL for $500. It was caged, gutted, turbo, converted to an m47 and had...
  11. ))<>((

Wiring harness compatability lh 2.2 turbo/740 to 780

Background: Have 1989 780 turbo lemons car. Friend started ripping **** out (relays, cutting wires on interior harness, now doesn't work). We've spent a few days trying to get it running again. Can get pumps to prime but that's about it. No spark or injector activity. We want to swap in a new...
  12. ))<>((

New photos of my 245

Been prepping this thing to sell it, so I went out an took some photos. I'll probably have it listed next weekend. I'm pretty sure it's one of the cleanest 245s on the board, maybe even the US. Everything works (A/C, cruise control, heated seats). Paint is the nicest example of 189 I've come...
  13. ))<>((

Cannot create thread in for sale

I cannot!
  14. ))<>((

780 third brake light fell off window

It's been heating up again in the wonderful central valley and the third brake light on my 780 fell off. I bought one of those windshield rear view mirror adhesive kits that has you clean off the surfaces and re-secure it using the adhesive glue stuff. It worked for about a day then fell off...
  15. ))<>((

240 a/c fan temp sensor threading/start temp

I'm trying to find info on what temp the a/c fan sensor starts at. This is the sensor that screws into the passenger side of the radiator and Is commonly found on 91+ 240s. Anyone know the thread size if I want to find an alternative with a lower temp?
Back