• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by BR1CKHOUS3

1. BR1CKHOUS3

242 GT register

Got another one here in Modesto, California. VIN VC2425M1144521
  2. BR1CKHOUS3

Davis photo thread

Pics incoming! Going to take me a couple minutes to post them all. Lets see yours in the meantime :cool: Thank you Walt, Mary, and the family for hosting the BBQ! :nod: Here are my Saturday photos
  3. BR1CKHOUS3

Bulb integrity light on, but no light out?

The car is a 1986 745. The bulb integrity light is coming on when I apply the brake pedal, but none of the brake lights are out. The Bulb integrity light goes out when I turn on the headlights. I am not sure where to check, other than my current action: Inspect all the bulbs, sockets, and...
  4. BR1CKHOUS3

90 volvo 740 Brakes MC lube?

I am swapping out the bad master cylinder on my 90 740 and wanted to know if I should grease/lube the rod that interfaces with the master cylinder? The rod in question is pictured below. Thanks TB maintenance!
  5. BR1CKHOUS3

90 volvo 740 E fan temp sensor

Hi all, I am working on my 90 740 turbo. I am installing a Spal fan and want to install a new temperature sensor in the radiator. My radiator is from a 1981 242 turbo with the threaded temp sensor. Can anyone point me to a good thread that tells me the temp sensor degrees and part numbers? TIA!
  6. BR1CKHOUS3

90 740 ticking after new wheel bearings

Replaced the front wheel bearing assemblies in my 90 740. Used correct torque specs, anti seize, etc. Made sure the heat shields are clearing the rotors... I can hear a ticking sound related to wheel speed, and braking does NOT seem to affect the noise. Can't feel anything through the steering...
  7. BR1CKHOUS3

90 740 front wheel bearing tq?

Replaced the front wheel bearing assemblies in my 90 740 turbo. I can't seem to find a solid answer for the torque specs on the large spindle nut. Can anyone help? Thanks!
  8. BR1CKHOUS3

Davis 2018 photo thread

It's going to take me a little while to copy and past all the links, most of which will be in the second post. Had a great time and was SO stoked at the big turnout :nod: Can't wait for next year! Meeting up with Mom and Dad in his LT1 powered 265 The 240s scored a primo BBQ spot :nod:
  9. BR1CKHOUS3

Modesto area carvan to Davis 4/29

We'll be meeting up in Modesto at ~6AM at the Starbucks on Briggsmore Ave by the freeway. Have 4 Volvos from Modesto going so far. Anyone else in the area want to meet up with us or have us collect you on the way up? :nod: We plan on rolling out before 6:30 so we can make the show by 8 :cool:
  10. BR1CKHOUS3

Modesto, CA Euro Sunday photos (monthly update)

Hey all :wave: I have been attending the Modesto Euro Sunday meets for the last several years, and thought I should share some of what comes out. The meet is the 3rd Sunday of every month in Mchenry Village shopping center if anyone wants to come join us! I will make a few posts of the last few...
  11. BR1CKHOUS3

1990 740 motor mounts

Before I go hurting my back any further doing Davis prep... It seems my 1990 calls for hydraulic motor mounts...
  12. BR1CKHOUS3

90 740 turbo died after WOT. Can't make boost now

Car is a 1990 740 turbo. Rebuilt 15g, mbc, otherwise stock. Did a WOT pull last night and when it hit redline in 2nd gear, the car bucked a little and then lost power. Now the car will start and move, but will die immediately when it crosses from vacuum into boost. Had a little trouble...
  13. BR1CKHOUS3

The O.G. Volvette (R.I.P. Bill Boyle)

I'm going to start off by saying I am a huge fan of Dug's TTls1 740 wagon, but I am here to share a car that is *technically* one of the original Volvettes. To make a looong story short, this car is currently a 1976 Volvo 265 from the front doors forward, and a 1990 245 from there back. The...
  14. BR1CKHOUS3

13c -> 15g part interchangability?

My 13c is dying and I have a 15g on the shelf, so it's time for the swap/upgrade. I would like to retain my conical exhaust flange from the 13c so I can keep using my current exhaust. Can the 13c exhaust housing be swapped onto the 15g, or do I need to have it machined? I am rebuilding/re...
  15. BR1CKHOUS3

Modesto Mini Meet

Back