• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by CakeOD

1. C

BMW Style 5's on a 240

I recently got a great deal on a set of BMW Style 5's (5x120, 15x7, ET20) and I was hoping you guys could help me figure out how to get them to fit on my 240 wagon. I've been e-mailing with Motorsport Tech and they say that they could make a 19mm or 25mm 5x120 to 5x108 adapter, but I'm worried...
  2. C

245 Wagon: 6x9s in rear doors?

I'm in the process of upgrading my '88 245 wagon's audio and so far I've installed a new JVC head unit, Kicker 4" speakers in the stock front door locations, that was all super easy. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the rear speakers. I tried to install the same model 4" in the...
  3. C

240 No/low Heat Issue

Now that it's cold out, I've noticed that its taking upwards of 30-45 minutes of driving for any heat to start coming out of my vents. Even after all that driving the needle on the temp gauge is still in the very bottom low position and doesn't seem to go up at all. I'm trying to figure out...
  4. C

240 Brake lights not working

I realized tonight that the brake lights on my '88 245 are not working. Here's what I've figured out so far: Driving lights work Hazards work Turn signals work Brake lights don't come on when the pedal is depressed. One of the wires in the tailgate harness is broken, and the third brake light...
  5. C

240 Fog/driving Light Wiring Help

I recently installed some Hella 500ff driving lights and now I need to wire them up. Haven't done a lot of electrical work on my car, so I want to make sure I don't screw it up. Hoping you guys could help answer a few questions: 1.) The lights are installed on my front bumper. Can I just...
  6. C

240 Steering Wheel Related No-Start?

My 240 started having a weird issue this week. It seems as though the position of the steering wheel is affecting whether it wants to start or not. For example, sometimes if I get in the car and turn the key, the dash lights, radio, etc. will come when I turn the key to the first position, but...
  7. C

240 Rounded-off fan clutch nuts

I was in the process of doing my timing belt on my '88 240 this weekend and very frustratingly I failed at the very first step---removing the fan. The nuts that secure the fan clutch to the studs on the water pump are badly rusted and won't turn. I tried removing them with a 10mm open ended...
  8. C

240 Wet carpets on driver's side

I have an '88 245 wagon and it has been raining a lot the last week. Today I noticed that the carpets on the front driver's side are soggy. I don't see any obvious wet spots anywhere where water may have leaked in, but it also hasn't rained for a couple days so they may have dried up and the...
  9. C

240 Fuel door sticks out

The fuel door on my 245 DL is sticking out from the body. It looks someone must have bent it back at some point. It looks like there is a gap between the door and where the hinge attached (see photo). Any ideas how to bend this back so that it will close flush with the car...
  10. C

240 245 DL Whining noise on deceleration

My '88 245 DL has been making a whining noise, similar to a jet engine spinning up and down when I let off the gas and coast. It makes the noise sometimes during acceleration as well but it is not as noticeable. Generally it occurs between 30-40 MPH. Any ideas what it could be? Drive-shaft...
  11. C

240 '88 245DL stalled going around a corner

The other night my 245DL stalled as I was making a sharp right turn into a parking lot. The engine stopped and all the dash lights came on. I was going fairly fast (20MPH or so) and there was a big bump in the road from where construction was taking place so I'm not sure if that might have...
  12. C

240 '88 245DL Front turn signal not working

I recently noticed that the front driver's side turn signal on my 245 is not working. The front marker light and rear turn signal are working fine, however, just the front signal is not lighting up. I put in a new bulb and that didn't fix it. Any guesses what might be going on or some...
  13. C

240 Manual door lock issues

I have an '88 240DL wagon with manual locks and the passenger door will unlock when I unlock the drivers side door, but it will not lock when I lock the drivers door. Any ideas what could cause this?
  14. C

240 '88 240 Wagon Brake Light Issue

I have an '88 240 wagon and I noticed that the driver's side brake lights are working when they are functioning as marker lights, but when the brake pedal is pressed, instead of getting brighter, the brake light gets dimmer. I swapped in another bulb in case there was something wrong with the...
Back