• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by dorvin

1. dorvin

Post pics of your Volvo.

Changed out the winter tires on the rear today. Tempting fate, we'll surely get another foot of snow now.
  2. dorvin

New Member From MN

Welcome! A few Minnesota folks on here.
  3. dorvin

Classic wagon vs Hundai Elantra

Sad to see, you were really racking up the miles on that. I hope your injuries are short-lived, and you find a replacement wagon soon.
  4. dorvin

New board, new host, new year

That was quick! Nice work.
  5. dorvin

swedishautoparts.com - Gone?

Browsing for parts today, it appears that swedishautoparts has closed: https://www.swedishautoparts.com/ Does anyone have any more information?
  6. dorvin

740 Radiator question

Hi there, I recently had to replace the radiator in my '91 740 AW70 sedan. Does anyone know how much transmission fluid typically resides in the radiator? I almost immediately disposed of the old radiator when I got it out, a scrap truck was coming down the alley, and I couldn't pass up the...
  7. dorvin

740 '91 740 Steering Rack Leaking..

Hi there, Recently picked up a '91 740 to drive in the winter. Shortly after getting it home and giving it a once over, I returned to the garage to find a pool of fluid under the car. It appears the steel hard lines of the ZF steering rack sprang a leak, and dumped the majority of it's fluid...
  8. dorvin

240 Replacing coolant pipe

When it comes to replacing the hard coolant pipe on a NA 240, is it possible to wiggle that into place without pulling the exhaust manifold? Just eye balling it, it looks like it could be possible, but before I spend time trying to make it happen, has anyone succeeded without removing the...
  9. dorvin

240 Something broke free in driveshaft?

Hi all, I've been on a conquest getting my driveshaft carrier bearing replaced for the past few weeks. I farmed out getting the bearing replaced, and the first time, the shop destroyed the dust cover in the process, and I had to wait a few weeks for a replacement to arrive from Sweden...
  10. dorvin

240 Broken kickdown cable

Hello, During a recent excursion under the hood of my '93 240 I noticed my kick down cable rusted and snapped near the throttle body. It's very possible that this was already broken long before me, as I can't remember feeling a shift into overdrive in the ~2500 miles I've put on the car...
  11. dorvin

240 Best way to condition headrests

Hello, Given the squishy nature of the slatted headrests in 240s, I'd like to try to preserve the condition of mine as best as possible. Does anyone know specifically what these are made and covered with, and a specific fluid to use to ensure these don't dry up and begin to flake? I don't mind...
  12. dorvin

240 Trimming PCV box

Hey there, So I'm in the process of replacing the PCV box on my 1993 Volvo 240, and having a helluva time getting the replacement PCV box to fit. I went the route of leaving the intake in place, and working under the throttle body. The old box came out easily enough, but now I'm trying to fit...
  13. dorvin

240 Time to do it again? (front seals)

Hello, I've recently acquired a Volvo 240 from a neighbor that never drove it. As part of getting it ready for regular travel, I began the process of replacing the timing belt, front seals, and PCV system. Last night, I got through the seals, and got a replacement timing belt set and...
Back