• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by golgothan

1. golgothan

No spark after distributor

1983 242ti Lh 2.2 ezk117 Been having this problem for three months and the car has just sat during this time. I have no spark after the distributor. New cap, new wires, new plugs, new rotor.Old distributor but last i tested it it worked. I get a nice fat spark before the distributor, and some...
  2. golgothan

Differences in Distributor caps

On 240's it lists a cap for a 1981-1985, and one from 85-93. When I look at the local parts stores part numbers, they are exactly the same. What was the difference between the pre 85 and post 85 models?
  3. golgothan

Distributor cap sizes

On 240's it lists a cap for a 1981-1985, and one from 85-93. When i look at the local parts stores part numbers, they are exactly the same. What was the difference between the pre 85 and post 85 models? crap, meant to put this in maintenance please delete
  4. golgothan

Heavy miss at boost

I have a car that I did a LH2.2 swap on but retained the original ignition system. Its a 83 242TI and I'm having a problem that is very perplexing. I checked to see if there was a boost leak, there is none. I replaced the timing belt and got the timing back on cue. I have spark at all...
  5. golgothan

diaphragm between distributor and intake on kjet car

What is that for? I've seemed to lost mine and my car is running odd after a lh2.2 swap. Also this is on a turbo car that i didn't swap an EZK ignition into yet.
  6. golgothan

Bad distributor?

Update Below! I just finished an LH swap on my car and didn't do the EZk just left the old style system in. But Yesterday went to start it. Then it ran for a second and shut off. Couldn't get it to fir up, occasionally it would hit on what sounded like one plug but thats it. I just noticed...
  7. golgothan

Missing and rich

I recently did a K-jet to LH 2.2 swap in my car while maintaining the original ignition for a little bit until my EZK arrives at least. Anyways The car idles great, the initial acceleration/revs off the line wonderful. But as soon as the car crosses from vacuum to boost it starts to miss, and...
  8. golgothan

Turbo K-jet (240 series) to LH2.2 How to.

I wasn't sure where to post, so if the mods see it and want to move it, go for it. Also I might edit it a little and I will add pictures in the future. But here it is. I went through a lot of articles in order to get enough info to do this, I would have loved to have a one stop shop for...
  9. golgothan

kjet swap out to LH 2.2

So I've been doing this over the last couple weeks. Also let me add i'm just doing the fuel side first and getting it going, but also prepping for the later ezk117 swap. So I'm sticking with the stock kjet turbo ignition system for now. Anyways Everything is in I went to turn the car over...
  10. golgothan

Fixxfest Tampa, FL

Well Bradenton actually. And its a VW event but I've seen Volvo's there in the past. Anyone here going?
  11. golgothan

rear window removal

Anyone know the level of dificulty on removing a 90 245 rear window. A guy I know thinks it can be done with the wire method. But i could have sworn the tail gate windows were held in with a harder substance.
  12. golgothan

pic of distributor

Timed to fire on the first cylinder. My clips fell in when i rotated the distributor i wanted to see if the trigger wheel got messed up
  13. golgothan

whoops

Sort of spun the car out yesterday and went over the curb, this was the damage. Well there was a juniper bush that lost its life. Had no spare and didn't want to hang around so I drove the car the half mile home. No excuses either, I was just going to fast.
  14. golgothan

nice day and bored.

15. golgothan

How much oil?

Is okay to find a little oil inside the turbo intake? I found I have a little coating of oil. I just figured that its probably a little more than normal because occasionally I see a little bit of oil colored smoke from the tail pipe. I have ever so slightly a little bit of shaft play too. I...
Back