• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by mavawreck

1. mavawreck

1993 240 - CEL with AC On

Intermittent issue with my Mom's 244. Occasionally stalls/shuts off with the AC on. Upon restart the CEL comes on and it throws the 1-4-4 'Load signal missing - control unit assumes the engine is at full load' code. My understanding is the computer changes the idle control speed when the AC is...
  2. mavawreck

240 cam seal replacement

Hey all, I had T-Hoff replace the cam seals on my head when they decked and pressure tested it. But I was speaking to a really good local Volvo mechanic and he said that I should take the seals back out and re-install them with silicon otherwise they will almost definitely leak. I think I...
  3. mavawreck

What size tap to chase 240 head bolts?

What size tap is best to use to chase 240 head bolts? Dumb question - is 12mm the same as m12?
  4. mavawreck

Blown hg? Cracked Head? Crackhead?

Last weekend I was cruising down the highway about 70mph in my '92 240, noticed it was running a hair hotter than normal with the needle over 190 rather than below 190. Started to get a whiff of antifreeze now and again. Heater control valve has broken so many times, my car in general smells...
  5. mavawreck

volvo 240 exciter wiring

1992 244 Can anyone tell me what color wire is going to the battery light in the dash and which wire, if it is not the same color, is coming off it? I'm bypassing that silliness with a 13ohm resistor and installing a voltmeter.
  6. mavawreck

92 240 - flashing battery warning light/OD

Some mornings, my battery warning light and OD light will flash on start up. If I turn the OD off, the battery light goes off. Then if I turn the OD back on, the dash goes quiet and all is normal. Thought is that a poor connection on the battery warning light is causing this. Any other...
  7. mavawreck

1992 240 Heater Valve Replacement

I can't get a clear idea from previous threads as to how far I need to take the dash down to get to replace this. Pictures would be excellent.
  8. mavawreck

Rack'em Rack

Just threw the new-to-me Thule rack on for an impromptu photo shoot. And what it looked like this time last year.
  9. mavawreck

replacement 240 carpet

Revisited - I did a search but didn't really find the answer I was looking for, which is "I bought my new interior carpet from xxxxxxxx, and it was awesome" So ah, anybody had a good experience/gotten a good product? I know ACC has it for like $250 plus shipping.
  10. mavawreck

By what means can I get these to fit a 244?

17x7.5 on 5x120 20 offset 72.6 center bore 1.5" lip $150/wheel or these 16x7.5 on 5x112 20 offset 66.6 center bore 1.5" lip $175/wheel 16x7.5 on 5x120 20 offset 72.6 center bore 1.5" lip $175/wheel Top wheel being first choice but 16's seem like they would allow more suspension...
  11. mavawreck

Interior dying - changing seats from blue to black

Has anyone had any experience dying cloth seat skins? I was surprised at the cost of used seat skins in good shape. Mine are nice - but I want to go from navy blue to black. I thought it may be easier and more cost friendly to dye mine.
  12. mavawreck

pics of 240's with shaved side moldings

Im trying to decide if I want to remove the molding off the sides of my 240 and fill the holes in when I have it painted. I know it really helps to prevent door dings but 242s and wagons look better without it. Im still up in the air about it on 244s. Can you guys post some pics?
  13. mavawreck

In mansion and Benz's, givin ends to my friends

And it feels stupendous. I present to you, Whitney Houston. 1992 244, NA/Auto. This was my dad's car from 1993 until December of 2009. I think he bought it with something like 16k on the odometer from a dealer in New Bern, NC. The plan was to give it to me as my first car, but he...
  14. mavawreck

Interior speaker/amp recommendations?

Im not an audio-phile, but I picked up this today.... I'm thinking I want an amp powering 4 Infinti speakers, 6x9s in the back and 5s in the front doors. But what exactly do I want in the way of speakers? 2 way? 3 way? 2 channel amp? 4 channel amp? I dont know how this stuff works. I lean...
  15. mavawreck

Suspension Mods for a 92 244 Daily Driver

The car is currently bone stock, my plan is to have it nicely tucked on a set of these http://www.vintagewheelworks.com/products/wheels/v48 My understanding from reading here is that either the 16's or the 17's with a Ford bolt pattern of 5 on 4.5" in an 8" width, with zero offset, will fit if...
Back