• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by maxitoman007

1. maxitoman007

Backfire under boost [VIDEO] Retarded timing?

So recently my modified 87 740 turbo began doing this under boost. It happens more so at higher loads (which is almost all the time because my volvo is lifted on 33s) however I can rarely even get a 1st gear (CD009) pull without some backfiring. It is worse at WOT as opposed to trying to build...
  2. maxitoman007

Is This Ping? [VIDEO]

The Issue: So I recently did a head gasket job on my lifted 1987 740 turbo wagon. It drove great the day after the repair, however it has gradually developed a click/ping like sound that I can't identify (more information below). I've never actually heard ping so I'm not sure what to listen...
  3. maxitoman007

Adjusting hydraulic clutch grab point

How would one adjust the grab point on a hydraulic Volvo 740 clutch? Does this involve shimming the pivot ball?
  4. maxitoman007

CD009 swap hydraulic clutch adjustment

I am currently performing a CD009 swap into my 87 Volvo 740. I am using yoshifab's stage 3 clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel package. I'm also using their upgraded throwout bearing. I have yet to bolt up the M46 bell housing to the CD009 as I would first like to make sure I get throwout...
  5. maxitoman007

MSD 6A + LH 2.2 Help Needed.

Hello. So I?m trying to install my MSD 6A on my LH 2.2 1987 740 turbo. I can get the car started using the 6A but it stutters to start and idles rough. Let me explain. It is worth noting that I am still using the stock coil, distributor and spark plug wires. I first installed the MSD exactly...
  6. maxitoman007

Axle Shafts. Which will fit my 740?

I have an 87 740 turbo with a welded open diff. I'm wondering which donor Volvos will have compatible axle shafts so I can stock up. I have a feeling they are going to be the new weakest link on my car. I'm thinking any non-G80 740/940 would work? is that correct?
  7. maxitoman007

740 Rear Driveshaft Interchangeability

Hello, I recently broke the rear driveshaft in my 1987 740 turbo manual wagon. I?m wondering which vehicles have driveshafts I could use as a replacement. I pulled a rear driveshaft from an N/A automatic 740 and it is too long combined with having a smaller spline count. Any help is appreciated...
  8. maxitoman007

What are these gaskets for? 740 head gasket set

Here?s the set: https://www.amazon.com/Gasket-VICTOR-REINZ-Volvo-270689/dp/B075NQQKCW I know what most components of this set are for. Just need help with the large cork-like gasket, the odd looking gasket with five holes sitting inside the cork gasket, and the several copper washers (I know 2...
  9. maxitoman007

Moving a 740 with no rear subframe.

My rear subframe has twisted and snapped in my 1987 Volvo 740. I was wondering if it would be okay to remove the subframe, as it is now hitting the driveshaft, and then drive the car a short distance into a garage. Is it safe to move the vehicle under its own power for a short distance without...
  10. maxitoman007

IPD Turbo Cam = Lower boost AFR?

I currently have an EBay T3/T4 turbo pushing ~25psi on my 87 Volvo 740 turbo. I have also installed browntops for added fuel, but even after ?tuning? full lean using the MAF adjustment screw, I am still in 10s up top based on my wideband. I recently purchased an IPD Turbo cam and I?m wondering...
  11. maxitoman007

Why Do 7/9 Rear Subframes Twist?

I recently twisted my subframe and snapped the upper torque rod in my Volvo 740 turbo. I just can't seem to understand the mechanical reason it happened. I don't understand what force is actually twisting the subframe. Could somebody help me visualize this? Its been bothering me. How does a...
  12. maxitoman007

Snapped Torque Rod, and Shredded First Gear. Lifted Volvo Advice Needed.

Hello, Here is my 1987 Volvo 740: Last summer I was out sliding around in first gear and being pretty rough on the car in a big, uneven mud pit. I then heard a loud bang. I got out to investigate and found that my top torque rod had snapped and the rear subframe was bent/twisted all the way...
  13. maxitoman007

Cheap Fun Volvo 740 2? Lift

I’m looking to do something like this with my 740. https://heatwavevisual.com/blogs/news/the-heated-240-turbo-a-450-roach-turned-gambler-500-rally-machine Wondering if anyone could better explain what they’re saying in their explanation and could possibly guide me to do the same. This car is...
  14. maxitoman007

MSD-5. Still an upgrade? Beating Rich Misfire.

Found an MSD-5 ignition box for really cheap right here in the city. was wondering if it would have the same effect as say an MSD-6a. Anybody have any experience using these boxes? My 87 740 Turbo with mods is suffering from weak spark and pretty rich AFRs so I'm currently looking for a cheap...
  15. maxitoman007

Battery Short... Possible damage?

1987 740 Turbo. So I did a wire tuck and forgot to use a grommet where all my positive cables came out of the fender to the battery... Long story short, the insulation got worn off all the wires passing through that hole and every wire shorted. Car died and wouldnt start. Managed to get the car...
Back