• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by MXSlotkin

1. MXSlotkin

Help! does this sound like a bad head gasket?

'93 945T is stock and I was getting into it at 12psi. Pop and then no power. 10-15 psi compression on cylinders 2 & 3. No mixed oil/coolant that we can tell and no bubbling coolant. No smoke out the back. Got spark all around. Shutting down cylinders 2 and/or 3 does not change idle but shutting...
  2. MXSlotkin

Knock retard settings in Tunerstudio

Hey all. I tried searching then forum to no avail. I just installed knocksensems and was wondering what kinda settings people start with in TS. When viewing the knock retard gauge, mine seems to act strange. When knock is detected the gauge goes to whatever number i have set for maximum retard...
  3. MXSlotkin

my dad's account wont let him post...

My dads account on here, thelocalspoke, will not let him view for sale/wanted, off topic or even post! It says he has insufficient privileges when he tries to. Anyone know whats up with this?
  4. MXSlotkin

The car that has taken too long to be fast.

This my 242. Some of you have seen it before. It's a mess. But it is finally turbocharged. And 10.3 to 1. And still needs a bath REALLY bad. Thanks to Brett helping cleaning up the tune. Right now the car lives 25 miles away from me. It's where work is more easily done. Was able to get it...
  5. MXSlotkin

Need baseline .msq for B23F+T and a K cam.

Tuning time is almost here and I need a baseline to get this thing running. I've got an old stock Garrett and am running v2.2 with spark. Greentops with stock boost levels for now. Whatcha got?
  6. MXSlotkin

Bracing hefty factory manifold

I will temporarily be running a the old T3 and the older manifold. This is a B23F block and I didn't get any of the parts with the manifold for helping support its weight, except for a broken stud in the bottom of the manifold. And I have no pictures or ideas of what to go by. What are you guys'...
  7. MXSlotkin

RIP first turbobrick :(

This happened a couple weeks ago. Just got around to showing you guys. Buddy was driving and couldn't handle the POWAH. I drove it home from the wrecker the next day, complete with driveshaft rubbing on the gas tank. Oh well, could have been a lot worse, and thank God it still runs and all 4...
  8. MXSlotkin

B23FT max rev's question...

I'm sure this is answered somewhere, but I couldn't find it. What would you guys say is a safe number for max rev's on an unbalanced B23FT at appx 20psi? I'm finally getting around to cleaning this motor up for install into my 242 and don't want to disassemble the relatively low mile (~150k)...
  9. MXSlotkin

EGR code causing low rpm stumble.

I know that many people have said that EGR codes do NOT cause the ECU to go into limp mode, but can it still cause some running issues down low? I replaced my severely cracked manifold with what I had available, which i was a non-egr one. I ran around for a few weeks with the egr system not...
  10. MXSlotkin

My 940T's budget exhaust

Thought you guys may like this. DD status car didn't need more than 2.5" and its very quiet, with a nice tone. Flows good and fits tight. 3rd exhaust ive done from scratch and its the best one. Ignore the cruddy looking weld. It the first one I had done on this thing, and was still getting the...
  11. MXSlotkin

Question about smoking turbo.

Alright, well I was hoping it wouldn't come to this. I didn't wanna embarress myself but I thought it had worked out. About a week after I got this 945T, I was changing the cooked hotside that I had showed you guys. In doing so, with my unexperience with turbo cars, I pulled the drain out of...
  12. MXSlotkin

Supression Relay Bypass?

I'm sure this has come up, and I've seen some stuff but nothing set in stone. My new '91 940T began no-starting the other day. It would randomly start, but usually nothing. I narrowed it down to this relay, which is common as we all know. I wired in a standard relay socket and put in a GOOD...
  13. MXSlotkin

This explains my lack of boost...

Just pulled my hotside that had a visible crack in the bottom. I can't beleive it got too 3 psi. Ever seen anything like this? sorry for the bad pics
  14. MXSlotkin

Poly Radius Arm Bushings from FCP. Question inside.

Have you used these? http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-radius-arm-bushing-740-760-780-940-960-urethane It looks like 2 bushings, but why are they so cheap? So should I just buy 2 of these sets to do both sides?
  15. MXSlotkin

Just picked up this 945T on the cheap.

$500 bucks, complete with the wooden grill. 230k miles. Needs some work, but after re-attaching the wastgate rod, it created boost. Not as much as it should, but I need to replace all the vacuum lines/turbo hoses and fix a minor exhaust leak right at the hot side/downpipe. First Turbobrick...
Back