• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Wren

1. Wren

740 '90 740 Needs New Rack

I've got a '90 740 in the shop that needs a new steering rack. What's the best current option as far as a supplier? I tried to call Jorgen Auto, but either they are out of business or are having phone issues. FCP lists a Maval rack for $327. I've never heard of Maval. Anyone have any...
  2. Wren

940 940 Air Conditioning Compressor Brackets

I know the brackets for the AC compressor changed in '93 with the adaptation of the Seiko r-134a compressors. We have a late '94 in the shop that has the alternator/compressor bracket to engine that doesn't use bushings for the AC mounting flanges. As a result, the holes are wallowed out...
  3. Wren

240 Heater Core Dimensions Needed

Does anyone have a 240 heater core on the shelf and can measure the width, depth, and length not including the outlet pipes? Thanks.
  4. Wren

15" or 16" 240 Steel Wheels

I've got a customer who wants to keep steel wheels with the chrome center caps/beauty rings on his 240 but would like to go with a 15" or 16" wheel. I'm aware of the 15" ones that came on 740's, but he wants something that looks more like the stock 14" ones with the 5 slots instead of a bunch...
  5. Wren

Camshaft Selection and Ping/Detonation

I'm curious as to how different camshafts would affect (if at all) an engine's tendency to ping under boost and not under boost. The engine in question is a B230F+T.
  6. Wren

240 Weird Starter Problem

So on one of our '93 240's, the car will start fine for a few days and then when the key is moved to position 3 to start, nothing. I checked the solenoid energizer wire with the key in position 3 with a multi-meter with it connected and I get 7.75V at the solenoid. When I disconnect the wire...
  7. Wren

740 '88 740 to '85 740 Speedometer Mix 'n Match

I want to use a speedometer from an '88 740 with ABS in an '85 non-ABS car. From my understanding, the ABS cars use a 96-tooth tone ring and the non-ABS cars use a 12-tooth tone ring. Did Volvo use a different speedometer for the higher tooth count of the ABS tone ring, or did they use some...
  8. Wren

IPD 240 Sedan Overloads vs. Stock Wagon Springs

I'd like stiffer rear springs on our DD 244. When there someone in the back set, the rear really sits low and I end up scraping the mudflaps at times. A buddy has IPD sedan overloads on his car, but they never seemed all that stiff to me. Does anyone have any experience with putting stock...
  9. Wren

'92 740 No Heat

I'm working on a 740 that has no heat. I've verified that the heater valve under the hood is operating properly and it has a good thermostat/engine up to temp, etc. My understanding is that there is not a hot water valve inside the cabin, only the one under the hood and that the hot air is...
  10. Wren

240 Turbo Airbox with LH?

I've seen a few threads over the years where a 240 turbo airbox/cobra had been converted for use with LH fuel injection, but I can't seem to find any of them now. I would like to see some conversions and a list of what parts were needed in addition to the airbox and AMM. I've got an...
  11. Wren

What size hog rings for seat covers?

Does anyone know the nominal size hog ring used for the seat covers on 240's? Also, any hog ring pliers recommendations? I pulled the seat covers off the gf's car, washed them, and now I want to reinstall. Thanks!
  12. Wren

Are all Bosch LH 2.4 O2 Sensors the Same?

Are all of the various Bosch LH 2.4 oxygen sensors the same except for various wire lengths and connector styles? I ask because I'm putting a new O2 sensor in a +T I'm working on and the location is right between the stock 240 and 940T (right behind the turbo) locations. I'm pretty sure the...
  13. Wren

Source for wiring harness supplies

Looking for a source for making up a few custom harnesses. There was a guy on here offering custom AMM extensions a while back and was using this neat wire wrap and I'd like to find a source for that as well as a source for the connectors. Thanks.
  14. Wren

N/A Application: T Cam vs. B Cam

I've read about folks getting good results from the T cam in a stock n/a B230. I've swapped out several B cams into B230's replacing the M cam that they came with, but I've never tried a T cam. I've got to replace the rear cam plug in my personal '93 245 due to a leak and am thinking about a...
  15. Wren

Problem with 240 Turob Oil Cooler on B230+T

I'm putting together a 240+T for my girlfriend and have run into an issue that I don't remember coming across before. The oil cooler/filter stud (nipple), when screwed all the way into the block to jamb the threads ends up only leaving about 3 threads to go into the oil filter after the...
Back