• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. The Aspirator

Vancouver Meet! Sat August 14th. Go karting.

Hey guys, the family and I are in Vancouver for the next week and I'd love to meet up with all my old homies, so I thought I'd set up a hard to resist meet to draw you all in. I was thinking of Saturday August 14th, lets say 11am, and we can meet at the Richmond go kart track...
  2. The Aspirator

My new yellow 850 T5R, ARRRRRRR!

This is my brand new yellow '95 Volvo 850 T5R that I got for $500 with a "seized engine". At first the starter wouldn't turn the engine more than a degree at a time so Sean (Crazy0000) and I took the plugs out to give it zero compression and make the starter's life easier and we got it cranking...
  3. The Aspirator

Custom machined shifter knob

A little while ago I sold my very last Ultimate M46 short throw shifter to TIPSP, although I was all out of my knobs and didn't want to order another quantity of them, but he wanted the shifter anyways. So I decided it would be a fun little project to make him a custom one out of aluminum, it's...
  4. The Aspirator

Bump for antenna hole plugs

Good old Amar has been relentlessly bugging me for 6 months to make more of these, ever since I made one for my car. Most of us with 240's have long since ditched the silly factory antenna that sticks out of the trunk fender at weird angles and doesn't work that well anyways, I installed an...
  5. The Aspirator

Video from Bellingham, Wa meet

Last March I took a trip out to the west coast (where I used to live), I got to spend the day with some good buddies of mine, and much hilarity ensued. Poik, adrianpike and James(945ti) were in attendance. I've been slacking off uploading this video since then, but it's finally up! *edit, dude...
  6. The Aspirator

BIG strut brace update thread

<object height="344" width="425"> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O_Bbbhn1HxU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>
  7. The Aspirator

Converting brakes to F/R split?

After a few years of faithful leak free service, my junction block is leaking again. It leaked years ago and I removed the little plastic plug and goobered it with JB weld so that it wouldn't leak through the wiring plug anymore (man in retrospect that sounds so ghetto! Jb weld in my brake...
  8. The Aspirator

Post your MS idle settings and woes

This is more of a question/rant post since I don't have my laptop handy so I can't post my own settings yet, but I just stole them from Crazy0000. I just can't get the idle valve to play nicely, it's been going on a year now. MS1extra v2.2 board, dunno what code, new ish, 29 something maybe...
  9. The Aspirator

Nickel plating is so full of win

I bought Caswell's $200 plating kit a few weeks ago and finally got everything hooked up, thanks to an old computer power supply from Crazy0000. This is everything that comes in the kit, it's a great value. You just have to supply a power supply, 4 gallons of distilled water, some rubber...
  10. The Aspirator

Props to my new Propus wheels?

On the way back from SE I stopped off at Lee's house (quinn_volvo) to crash for the night before continuing home to Canada, and somehow during the night I managed to sneak these into my trunk :oogle:. They're 17x7.5 Volvo Propus wheels with Gil Racing adapters all around, 25mm up front and...
  11. The Aspirator

New machining tools for the shop

So I finally decided it was time to pick up my own lathe and milling machine, and boy am I ever glad that I did! Been drooling over them for years, then I finally decided that the business needed them. So I rented a Uhaul trailer, jumped in the 242 with about 2 grand in cash and headed into...
  12. The Aspirator

making a blow off valve

The other night I couldn't sleep because I just kept thinking about new stuff to make, then I started to wonder how hard it'd be to make a blow off valve... Still couldn't sleep so I got up and busted open Solidworks and downloaded some pics of various BOV's. Three evenings at a couple hours...
  13. The Aspirator

My intake manifold fabrication thread, LOTS of pics

I've had it done for over a month now and I haven't even made this thread yet! Pathetic, I know. So I had a few reasons for wanting to make this manifold, first off because I've just wanted to make one for years, they seemed pretty "simple" at the time (hahahahahahahahahahaha). Another reason...
  14. The Aspirator

Meg's new '64 Amazon wagon! Woot lots of pics

We picked it up 3 weeks ago and haven't really touched it yet, but we're very excited to finally own one! Been talking about it for months, then one day Sean (crazy0000) linked me to a classified ad for this car for $700. I thought "cool, that would be a fun project. Just for kicks I'll show...
  15. The Aspirator

Anyone have pics of a B19e?

I just sold two strut braces to a guy in Italy, and after weeks of tackling the language barrier and many other issues he finally got them. Anybody have any pictures of this engine bay? I'm trying to figure out what is different, like what intake manifold he might have. I'll try to get him...
  16. The Aspirator

Powdercoating is AWESOME

I got my Eastwood powdercoating kit two weeks ago but I haven't been able to use it yet because I didn't have an oven. I was hoping to find a 110v oven somewhere, but from everything I've been told they don't really exist... Doh. So I decided I'll have to wire 220v into my shop, which really...
  17. The Aspirator

Strut brace prototype

Today Sean (crazy0000) came over and helped me finish up this prototype brace and test fit it on both of our cars. I've got an '83 242 with a flathood, and he's got a '91 244 with AC, so it was a great test. Oil cap clearance is fine on my B23, but on his B230 the bar goes right over the cap...
  18. The Aspirator

New business cards

Just got 'em today, couldn't be happier! The website is in the middle of an overhaul, but I'm trying to keep all the loose ends tied up so you don't find yourself at an "under construction" page for like 6 months. :-P Spark plug wires are selling like hot cakes and 240 strut braces are just...
  19. The Aspirator

Sequential COP won't start.... arrgh

Mike, Ken, hheeeeellllpp mmmeeeeeeeeeeee!!!111 :-P (ninja edit, IT RUNS!) Jump to post 26. This is not a how to article (more like a how not to! haha), I'm saving that for later. This is just a quickie feeler for any ideas as to what is wrong. I finally finished the sequential coil on plug...
  20. The Aspirator

TB garage sale! Sat. July 14th, Lynden WA

Saturday July 14th I suggest that we have another BBQ at my parents house in Lynden. I pretty much HAVE to throw one because they will be moving at the end of July, so I really want to hold a Turbobricks garage sale! I have so much junk in there that alot of you would be interested in, along...
Back