• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Dawson

Getting ready. B20 Dual DCOE Swap Check list

So I believe I've sourced all my parts. Just want to make sure I'm not leaving anything out here. 1) Lynx manifold from Eric @ Hi Performance 2) Weber 45mm DCOE (x2) from Carbs Unlimited 3) Redline "soft mount" kit (x2) also from Carbs Unlimited 4) Redline Linkage bar kit for dual DCOE From...
  2. Dawson

Vintage My '66 Amazon is slaghtering alternators! HELP!

So here goes, the car has a B20 from a 142 in it and already had an alternator (Bosch 35 amp) which worked completely fine the entire time I've had this car (maybe 1000 miles or so). Anywho, the Bosch went out in big time, like marbles in the case sounds. So I figured now would be a good time...
  3. Dawson

240 +T runs rich/won't idle with LH2.4

Built up a motor for my car ('91 240) running green tops, resistor pack spliced in, turbo EZK and ECU. I have no idle where this problem is coming from!! It runs smooth if I hold my foot on the gas whether the motor is hot or cold, but as soon as I let off it dies right out... Here is a list...
  4. Dawson

240 '91 240 won't idle when hot

N/A, B230F, M47, stock LH2.4 I'm not sure what it could be? I just replaced my fuel filter the other day with no change. I had this same problem about a year ago and just kept throwing parts at the car til it went away. Now I'm kind of at a loss. It starts fine when cold and idles ok. Under...
  5. Dawson

I need pics of 240 3rd motor mount's...

I know a few of you guys have made them... I'd like to do one for myself. Lemme see some of the designs you came up with! Thanks guys!!
  6. Dawson

240 '89 244 No power to fuel pump...

I just bought another non running 240 but I haven't picked it up yet... When I first asked what was wrong with it, the girl said the fuel pump was dead. Then when we were just talking about the car she mentioned the shop told her the pump "wasn't getting power"... What you guys think? Maybe just...
  7. Dawson

Killed My 240 the other day. R.I.P.

Black Ice + Guard Rail x Exit Ramp = Epic Fail
  8. Dawson

240 Swapping from K-Jet to LH2.4

I plan on swapping everything from my '91 240 into my '78 260. The 260 has the PRV and is 100% stock with the k-jet. I'm going to put the b230f in it w/ 2.4 injection. What is entailed in a swap like this? The motor swap itself is very straight forward and I'm not worried about that. It's just...
  9. Dawson

Tell me about 160 heads...

I found one... Guy wants 100 bucks for it. Is this any good?
  10. Dawson

940 940 Moon roof seal!!! I can't find one anywhere...

FCP and IPD don't carry it. The dealer is giving me some crap that it only comes as an entire assembly and needs to be painted for $606.00!!! WTF, I just want the gasket seal thinger!! The car is a '92, its in the sig. Where do you 940 guys find these seals?
  11. Dawson

'91 240 dies out on deceleration...

Car in my sig, B230f, M47, lh2.4... A few weeks ago I had this problem where the RPM's would die when I clutched in coming to a stop now and again. At first it was once in a while (like once every couple days) then after about a week it got progressively worse (like 5 times each trip out). The...
  12. Dawson

New wheels/ Haven't whored out my car in a while...

So the story goes, I bought a set of Hydras and one was fubared. I used JB weld to keep the center cap in place and it worked for over a year. then one day the center cap just decided to emancipate itself from my car... Oh well, time for something new!! I've had an extra set of Virgos...
  13. Dawson

Stock 740T fuel pumps in a 240?

Yes... It may be a noob question and I did search but I saw nothing about direct swapability. I think my original 206k N/A fuel pumps are on their way out. Can I buy the pumps for a same year 740 Turbo and throw them right into my 240 (teh silver one in sig)??? Reason I ask is because while they...
  14. Dawson

240 Quick AW70 Question

1991 240 B230F, AW70 Working on swapping in my M47 and I'm wondering how the torque converter is connected up in there... After I get all the trans bolts out can I just slide the AW off or do I need to unbolt anything from the flex plate?? Thanks guys!
  15. Dawson

240 Ready to swap in my M47, final checklist!

Next week the M47 goes in and I don't want any hang ups... Let me know if you see anything important missing from this list.. Thanks! This is all going into my '91 244 b230f currently w/ an AW70. So far I've got: M47 w/ bell housing and shift linkage Short throw shifter (Aspirator) Freshly...
  16. Dawson

240 '78 264... teh PRV WTF thread!

Car starts right up, idles smooth. Once it warms up the K-jet will rev all the way up and down fine. If I punch the gas it responds well (as per usual k-jet lag time, lol) But once I put it into gear the RPMs drop low and the car really lacks power. When I reach 3rd gear it gets better with...
  17. Dawson

Rust free East Coast 240 with only 76k... Can it be?

Yes folks it can be... and I scooped it up for only 400 bucks too! You can't beat that with a stick! So heres the low down. And I'll have to get around to makin' a project thread at some point... 1978 264 GL 2.7L PRV V6 76,080 Original Miles Needs the fuel system looked at (K-Jetz!) Everything...
  18. Dawson

240 Radiator Swap, auto trans line question...

Please excuse my noobness, but I swapped in a Nissen's 3-row into my '91 240 with an AW70. When I disconnected my tranny lines did I get air in to system or am I fine just reconnecting them back to the new Nissens without bleeding? Thanks guys!
  19. Dawson

'84 244TIC no run issue (wiring?)

K-Jet B21ft M46 Stock... Car will crank but not start, the engine harness was gone over with a fine tooth comb and patched up (like new now). Problem is no power to the fuel pump... Fuel pump relay was replaced with a new one from IPD. Power at the fuse. 12 volts straight to the fuel pump and...
  20. Dawson

Soo many choices! What Clutchnet to go with?

I'm swapping in an M47 and will be going turbo in the next few months. This is the silver car in sig, its lh2.4... Also I just picked up a stock 240 M47 flywheel. I can't find the clutch disk that seems right for me. I want the green and it'll most likely be a 7xx or 9xx Turbo disk. What are...
Back