• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. McKie740

Recent Volvo's

Hello Volvo fans! Figured it was about time I shared more of my cars on here. Some have been sold and some I haven't taken pictures of yet, but here's a sample of the fleet. 265 760 Turbo S90 with an M90 360 GLEiSE V70 R AWD 244 DL C70 2.4T GT C70 2.0T XC90 T6 SE 740 Limo...
  2. McKie740

Turbobricks Logo Font

Hi there! Just a quick one; does anybody know the name on the font used in the 'turbobricks' logo? Many thanks, Ben.
  3. McKie740

240 Radio Wiring

Hello there! I wondered if anyone might know the pin configuration on this 240 radio? It's model number CR-4024, there are nine pins (eight of which are in use) but the loom has been chopped! I can work out the car side of things no problem, but the head unit remains a mystery... They're...
  4. McKie740

Put The 740 Limo On Galaxy Rims Today

Picked these up from London last night, all new tires. Thought I'd share! Cheers, Ben.
  5. McKie740

Purchased This 360 GLT SE Yesterday.

Purchased This 360 GLEi SE Yesterday. This 360 has 35,000 genuine miles on it, 1 owner car, 2.0, 25 service stamps in the book, interior is great! Full leather as you can see and also air-con! The exterior is probably the best I've seen in terms of having little to no rust or damage. It also...
  6. McKie740

Latest 740 addition

I got this car for ?400, that included the number plate too! The interior is is good condition, front seats are perfect! The back of them is blue leather and they literally are showroom standard as they've had a board up behind them all there life. This thing even has a sliding glass division...
  7. McKie740

Dual mass flywheel issues on a D5

Hello to all. I?m recently having issues with the D5 that I suspect are being caused by the dual mass flywheel. It?s rougher on tick over (intermittently shakes the seats a bit) snatches into gears more (quite like that bit to be honest) and has now started to rumble on acceleration. I was told...
  8. McKie740

A/B Oil rating question

Hello to all. I'm just about to service my D5 and am told that it's Castrol 0W-30 A5/B5 that needs to be used. I understand the 0w-30 part but am not sure about the A/B side of it. The oil I have purchased is Castrol edge fully synthetic turbo diesel 0W-30 API SM/CF;ACEA A3/B3/B4, C3. No...
  9. McKie740

Nos kit fitted to a D5

Nos kit fitted to a D5. Vid added! read text before. Hello to all! I Got around to doing it at last, was fairly easy I'd say. Running an 11ib bottle/bottle warmer on a 150 jet (prob too big for now as I haven't yet altered fueling....all in time). I will film a new video for everyone as the one...
  10. McKie740

Can anyone help fit a NOS kit (will pay)

Hello there. I have had a dry NOS kit sat around for my S60 D5 for a few weeks now and it's not fitted itself as yet. Think it's fairly basic, 11IB bottle/bottle warmer, works off of a micro switch that senses full throttle, taps in after the air intake. I know little about this stuff but have...
  11. McKie740

D5 question, any advice please!

Hello to all. 740 running sweet as ever....S60 has a very small issue. It's a 2005 S60 D5 SE (believe it's a euro 3). Only engine mods are race tune re-map and a K&N Cone. It's just the daily driver and this isn't a big issue but.....Recently, every now and then (maybe 1 in 200 times) when I...
  12. McKie740

The Project

Hello...again. For anybody who I've met (or anybody who is interested) this is my 740 as it stands. Really love the car and am hoping it's going to be a good shell to work with?? It's a 1987 740 Turbo Intercooler (Garrett) with 158K on the clock. I would say the car is in really good order...
  13. McKie740

Custom BBS Nebula split-rims

Hello to everybody. I have recently been doing some work to the daily driver, S60. Decied to go with an ecu upgrade, K&N induction system, professionaly tinted windows all round and to top it off some custom BBS Nebulas (diamond-cut rim with anthracite spokes). I've taken some quick pictures...
  14. McKie740

Wheel question

This may be a very stupid question but is there any chance of the 18 inch Volvo Nebula alloys fitting on my 87 740 saloon?? Don't mind doing/having work done as long as it's no too major. Any comments helpfull!
  15. McKie740

Fixed it!

Thanks again to all who advised on the 740 randomly not starting. It even started cutting out all together while driving! Not much fun round bends. Only got round to looking at it last night and it turned out to be a dry solder joint on the first coil of the fuel pump relay. Got my trusty Weller...
  16. McKie740

Random non starting 740 Turbo

Hi, glad i've found this site it's nice to see lots of people as passionate about Volvo as me! My 1987 740 Turbo (B230ET) runs a dream and performs very well taking into account i have done very little modification, just maintain it well. HOWEVER! I have a non starting problem, there seems to be...
Back