• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. DavidSamuels

Volvo OEM strut mounts .. early Failure?

I, for one, am interested to see how the newest Volvo mounts work. Last set I tried, correcting my memory for COVID Lapse syndrome, was about five years ago and they were garbage. Since then I've used old "good" Volvo months with Chris' plates, and have used KYB as well. The KYBs seem to be...
  2. DavidSamuels

New board, new host, new year

Sensational work, in record time, Dana. Kudos. $$ sent!
  3. DavidSamuels

7/9 Center Bearing Carrier

I'm about to install the center support conversion bracket from Viking in my 245. This 91 has an M-46 in it with the large shaft. Bearing is the same as the 940, but I'm seriously challenged on all things 7/9. What brand of support is everyone using? URO, Meyle and Febi all have them, very...
  4. DavidSamuels

Windshield support blocks, 240

Can anyone tell me what the thickness of the rubber blocks under the earlier windshields in the 240s is? I want to say about 6mm. Have never found them under the later, flush glasses, only the metal molding style. An odd bit of info, I know. Any help appreciated!
  5. DavidSamuels

Laycock OD Service

Looking for someone who rebuilds them. Reputable, hopefully not too far from L.A. Just one of those things I don't do and I need a reliable source who can get parts and knows how to diagnose. Thanks, DS
  6. DavidSamuels

850 Cruise Failure

Looking for an epiphany. Our '97 855 has lost it's cruise control. This happened when a rebuilt alternator's regulator failed and was overcharging. May be a coincidence, don't know. Once the alternator was repaired, the cruise no longer worked. I had been experiencing, for about a year, a...
  7. DavidSamuels

Overload springs

Need to get some additional ride height in the back of a 245, but I'm told that the iPD wagon overload springs are really "trailer" stuff. Thinking of putting sedan overloads in. Anyone care to "weigh" in? I know the sedan springs give you a bunch more height....in a sedan.
  8. DavidSamuels

HF Master Fuel Pressure Kit--parts

I've got a Harbor Freight fuel pressure tester kit that I love. One of the quick disconnects, a female, is damaged and I need to replace it, but HF was no help at all. Have been searching under various titles, including schrader, but no luck yet. Anyone have a similar situation they've...
  9. DavidSamuels

Urethane Manual Trans Mount for 240

Experimented with the Ireland Engineering BMW motor mounts, but they are so much taller than the stock M-46 mount that they strain the mounting points on the subframe. The plates are so close to the ends of the polyurethane that they cannot be trimmed down. Need to find a poly mount about 1.5"...
  10. DavidSamuels

Trans swapping--AW

Hoping to get some input (no pun intended, this is an output problem) on putting later AW transmissions in earlier cars. This is a roller bearing AW71. I swapped the back end to early housing to get a speedo drive. I've done this on earlier AW71's, but not roller. Made the correct spacers to...
  11. DavidSamuels

240 manual steering rack boots

Need to find a source--anyone? BA and Moog have failed me, sent the wrong stuff, even though listed for manual rack. Inner ID to fit the rack is only about 1" diameter. Any help will be appreciated, I've exhausted all the usual sources. Waiting for FCP to respond, but I don't think they have...
  12. DavidSamuels

Spring seat spacers

Anyone know of a poly or similar spacer I can buy off the shelf to add to the top cushion on the 240 rear and pick up a little ride height? Thanks. DS
  13. DavidSamuels

Master Cylinders

Can someone confirm that the 240's master cylinder is 3/4 bore? Pretty sure, but would like to be damn sure. Thanks!
  14. DavidSamuels

LH and EZK Conversion Documentation

Evenin' all. Over the last five years I've done more LH conversions, with and without EZK, than I can count. I want to start by offering my thanks to all the various posters who have done "how to's" on this. My only complaint is that all the posts seem to leave out some portion of the...
  15. DavidSamuels

Check Valve

Wasn't there somebody on here sellling a replacement, external check valve for 850/70? Thanks, DS
  16. DavidSamuels

Bad VDO Oil Pressure Senders?

For the last couple of years I seem to have terrible luck with pressure senders. I always buy "real", VDO, two terminal units. I've had three fail after 3-6 months, either low readings, oil light constantly on, or no pressure reading at all. Also had one bad right out of the box, no pressure...
  17. DavidSamuels

Twin Cam Stroker Motor, Up & Running

TB has been an incredible resource and inspiration for this project, which started nearly four years ago! I would be remiss if I did not post something about it here. I won't do a build thread. If you have the time, you can find lots of details on the Wagonmeister Facebook page...
  18. DavidSamuels

Intake plumbing

I'm putting together an air intake system that needs to look somewhat stock. It's 3". I'm hoping to find an intake "duct" that has connectors for the flame trap hose and IAC valve supply, like the stock 2/7/9 cars had. A "flexi" duct sort of thing if possible. Anyone know of anything? I can...
  19. DavidSamuels

Tie rod splitters

Good morning interweb. Thought I would solicit some input. I have three different tools (aside from assorted pickle forks) that I've used over the years on the outer tie rod ends of the 240s. I hate them all. None of them really work well, and if the top of the stud is even slightly...
  20. DavidSamuels

Fuel check valves

The fuel pump check valve on our 855 has failed. I'm getting the notorious "won't start on the first crank but starts instantly on the second" scenario. I want to plumb in an aftermarket check valve, but I don't want to splice something in with hose clamps. Seems there should be something I...
Back