• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. P

alternator help?

does anyone here know anything about rebuilding alternators? situation: i have a d24t with the stock alternator on it. i also have a 100amp alternator for a redblock collecting dust. the mounting points for each alternator are cast into the front half of the alternator case. the mounting...
  2. P

where to get exhaust flanges

does everyone buy exhaust flanges off internetz, or is there somewhere local i should look to start working on a downpipe? should i buy mandrel bent pieces from jcwhitney for the bends? t.i.a.
  3. P

H-town motor pull

anyone in Houston interested in helping me, & maybe kyote, pull a motor this sunday @ the junkyard?
  4. P

painful reminder...

just a little painful reminder for all of us: <a href="http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/crime/fl-naples-man-crushed-by-car-20120223%2C0%2C6576547.story">Florida man killed while working on car in driveway</a>
  5. P

t5 behind d24 or d24t

i have in my possession a ford 5.0ho with t5. i want to eventually put the t5 behind a d24t or d24+t. i would love to sell the v8. what do i need to save as far as the t5 goes? the gear box, yes. do i need to keep the bell housing? the clutch? please help!
  6. P

central texas build meets:

hey central texas people... what say yall we have semi-regular get togethers for the main purpose of collectively completing a project on some member's car? kzoc needs to convert a 200 from kjet to lh? when i get my d24t, i need to get that in my car. chopsticks, what you got in progress...
  7. P

740 head gasket? or warpage?

1987 745ti motor died and will not start. i pulled the plugs and #3 & #4 have coolant on them. 4 more than 3 is seems. is there no way to know if it's a warped head vs. blown gasket until breakdown of the motor? thanks.
  8. P

project veggie-diesel-hotrod-black-bertone

project veggie-diesel-hotrod-black-bertone i originally bought this car for $1200. found the ARE BBS copies on ebay for $800 i think it was. after driving the car for about a year, the POS aw55 three speed auto tranny took a dump. that thing was wrapped out at 60mph. the prv v6 still ran...
  9. P

240 pic request (diesel 240)

would someone please post pics of the motormounts/crossmember and the tranny crossmember of a 200 series diesel so i may see how they differ from the gas version? tia -philip
  10. P

d24t swap questions

so i've decided to go veggie diesel hotrod instead of v8 in my 81 bertone. i've got some questions for the diesel guys. i don't have a full diesel parts car for a swap and i don't have room for one, so i need some answers. does the diesel 240 with m46 use a different trans crossmember than...
  11. P

740 blower motor relay location?

1987 740ti my heater/ac blower motor will not come on. i have checked for and have power at the black wire at fuse 16. where the hell is the relay for the damn blower? tia
  12. P

740 steering rack replacement

so i finished swapping my steering rack that leaked one bottle of fluid per day for a good used one. now that i'm finished, the steering wheel is cocked just a tad to the right. do i just pull the steering wheel off, then center it and bolt it back on, or is there a more "proper" method?
  13. P

740 help please...

where could i find/buy the copper washers for the banjo bolts on the steering rack on a 740?
  14. P

hunting idle & stalling when cold

1987 745ti 10psi boost the car has a hunting idle when cold and stalls if i don't give the go pedal some gas while warming up in cold weather. in warmer weather she doesn't stall, but still has a hunting idle until the engine warms a bit. once the engine warms a bit, the car has few issues...
Back