• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Q

2023 EAST vs WEST Drag Timeslip Thread

The west drag racing scene was mostly lame, and the east was getting it done. No more Colorado tracks to race now that Bandimere speedway has shut down. East wins. International has some speedsters, but not the sheer volume. Good job East! I need to come join y'all for some drag strip fun soon.
  2. Q

Updated. Thanks. Does anybody have some video of this beast running? I personally would love to see it.
  3. Q

Are there any more timeslip submissions? The end of 2023 is near.
  4. Q

740 European Headlight repair.

part 15 here is what I need. I grabbed this diagram from vp-autoparts. I'm not sure how much effort I want to put into these. I also don't have plugs to match the European style round pins. It's going to be some work to convert a US spec car to use these. Maybe these shops can send me...
  5. Q

I'll give them a call. They do show some entire assemblies on their website.
  6. Q

I have these E-code lamps that I want to run on my US spec 740. But the adjustment mechanism inside is brokken. The lenses inside are just flopping around.. I popped the lenses off and dismantled the internals. This top right corner you can see there is a broken corner that should engage...
  7. Q

You are the car on the right lane? #4399 ?? Good work! Sounds like a cool and different swap.
  8. Q

Holy timeslips! I got behind a little bit. Let me catch up. Good job Canada!
  9. Q

My first AW71 rebuild. Improvements too.

Hmmm. That's not too expensive for the 8HP. I guess it doesn't suffer from Drift tax like the manual transmission options. I think my car has a pretty easy 11 second pass in it if I could get the trans to play nice. It's a full weight 740 wagon. So that makes for a pretty abusive...
  10. Q

I suspect some of everything above. I air tested all the drums and pistons when I had it apart. Didn't do much to the valve body besides clean and install new gaskets. So that might be something there. I'm completely a rookie automatic builder. Like this is the 2nd one I have ever done.. Likely...
  11. Q

Update to the AW71 saga. The newly rebuilt AW71 is now dead. The first hard drive around the mountains and I killed 3rd gear in this one. The long 20 minute haul uphill with a few full throttle blasts was just too much for it to handle. Maybe the loose converter was adding to the stress on...
  12. Q

These are on the selector (shifter) inside the car? So it just works on manual shifting? Very cool. I'd love to see a picture.
  13. Q

A bit more driving on the new transmission was good. I think the weirdness on launches was due to the transmission starting off in 2nd gear. Lots of noise revving, but very little accel. A bit more driving and getting the transmission up to temperature finally and shifting is improving...
  14. Q

I ran it for a couple years in my old 8v turbo 240. It was hardly noticeable. I didn't have it built to be a race only converter. But there is no real stall speed rating on it. It's not a very exact science, and lots or variability depending on the torque curve of the engine. The converter...
  15. Q

I got this refreshed/modified AW71 installed in the car this week. I also had my driveshaft rebuilt and balanced. First driving impressions are pretty good. It's as smooth and vibration free as a new Volvo 740. That worn out center support bushing wasn't doing anything... Shifts are firm...
  16. Q

It is interesting driving modern cars with electronically controlled automatics. They do some version of this all the time. I feel like they are somewhat hampered around the shifts with ignition cut and really dramatic power drops. But that's probably because I grew up with V8s and...
  17. Q

Interesting. And like Kenny said, initiating the timing drop is only part of the problem. I think a timer of .500 seconds or so seems like it would be nice to keep the power down until the shift is done. Partly why I was thinking a boost drop might be effective. The turbo lag might just let...
  18. Q

I'm about to swap the freshened transmission into my 92 Volvo Wagon this week. I'll be glad to have the sleepy hot rod on the road again. I would like to run some higher boost levels for a while and keep the transmission alive. I"m thinking about trying some megaquirt tuning tricks. A...
  19. Q

Changing hats for a minute. I really want to make some 1/4 mile passes this summer. But I have to remember how this goes back together first.
  20. Q

Skrappy Speedvagen our Lemons Race Wagon

We made the highlight reel!
Back