• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New Header Available From KL Racing (2009-2022 bump)

BB-Q

(. )( .)
"Extreme" 8v. Comes with external gate with HKS flange:

http://www.klracing.se/?subpage=vara&vara=1622

1622.JPG

SSAC header with the right-side-up flange, however.

The pipes on the "extreme" header remind me of something... the trap under my sink. Bell end piping? Screams cheap to me.

I'd spend the extra $200 and get a Proturbo, myself, if I were buying a header from overseas.

Last edited:

The pipes on the "extreme" header remind me of something... the trap under my sink. Bell end piping? Screams cheap to me.

I'd spend the extra $200 and get a Proturbo, myself, if I were buying a header from overseas.

nice to see you around again.

I emailed proturbo a few months ago and they were "unwilling" to make me a header because they had too many other projects.

Protip: The Proturbo header isn't exactly a paragon of header design.

Oh, and the 3600sek is including VAT, so anyone here buying one would actually pay less than that.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does that thing look like it juts out more than a foot from the head?

it looks like there's an angle to the flange in that photo, it's probably just the perspective.
there were photos of a very similar looking one in the showroom a while back.

t4 flange is cheaper than the t3 lol

but really for $400 that is very tempting. sadly the only pics i found show it in a 700, wonder if a 200 is too narrow

t4 flange is cheaper than the t3 lol

but really for $400 that is very tempting. sadly the only pics i found show it in a 700, wonder if a 200 is too narrow

sits too far back in a 200 series. the design was for 7-900's.

Protip: The Proturbo header isn't exactly a paragon of header design.

It matters not, I'd be supporting my boy in Vancouver if I were to buy a header. The PT is overpriced and shipping is a deal breaker. I was suggesting it more for the Euro folk, not knowing that PT was unwilling to actually work on things.

This Extreme header may well be worth the try, provided it fits a street car. I'm still dubious about the pipes - Kenny's link shows fairly clearly that it was designed by a guy who seems to know a thing or two about headers, but the execution of the production version seems flimsy to me. I also wonder where the rear mount oil filter would go, once you bolt on a wastegate and deal with the plumbing to the downpipe?

Edit - I'm not ripping on this header, I'm just asking the questions.

Last edited:
The bell piping means you can be extremely lazy in terms of joint fit, as there is no accuracy required for fitup - the pipe can be +/- 0.25" in length and there is no gap since it is slipped inside the other pipe- the end of the pipe can end up anywhere inside the slip joint.

It means every runner has a significant ridge internally at every weld point. Yay turbulence!:roll:

I can't see how anyone would think that's a good way to build a header heck at least stock cast manifolds are smooth inside.

Back