Turbobricks Forums

Turbobricks Forums (https://forums.turbobricks.com/index.php)
-   performance & modifications (https://forums.turbobricks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   700/900 Coilover kit DOES EXIST! At a fair price. (https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=301511)

Drift Brick 10-13-2014 08:01 PM

700/900 Coilover kit DOES EXIST! At a fair price.
 
How nice would it be to adjust your ride height, dampening rate, and front camber, all while swapping tires on track day? Your dream can now become a reality with this kit.

Pic is of front coilovers welded and fully installed onto stock volvo spindle as per BC Racing instructions.
http://forums.turbobricks.com/image....7&type=profile


The manufacturer is BC Racing USA
http://www.bcracing-na.com/


A search through their current application list will NOT show a kit listed for the 7 or 9 series volvo. The part number to use when speaking to their sales rep while placing your order is ZG09

The cost is around $1085 US dollars shipped.

At this point i only know that BC Racing North America has this kit available (After waiting 3-5 weeks to be manufactured to your specs) Perhaps someone outside the US can speak with their BC racing providers and see if said part number works worldwide?

This kit fits my strut tubes (For Sure) of the 87-90 740. do your homework and ensure the 9 series you have has the earlier style strut tubes to ensure fitment. maybe someone can post any info of strut tube variances?

If you have a jack and stands, a welder, a basic metric tool kit and the ability to do wheel bearings, tie rod ends, and balljoints, then you too can install this kit in a weekend. I recommend having a professional welder, weld the coilover kit to your front knuckle/ spindle / tube assembly if you have any doubts of your welds holding. SAFETY FIRST.

Once i learn how to post images to this Thread from my laptop, i will give pics of points of adjustment and the rear suspension setup in this kit.

Enjoy

Alex Buchka 10-13-2014 09:34 PM

Define "fair price", because what Ben Kaplan charges is absolutely more than fair for what you get.

Mueller 10-13-2014 09:56 PM

Old news......someone else all excited over BC stuff 2 years ago

Tyler_Krupa 10-13-2014 10:41 PM

ehh konis and bens kit is about the same price. Looks good from the picture but I would rather support one of us.

kendogg 10-13-2014 11:20 PM

Ugh, the BC garbage train just doesn't stop, does it. You've been warned....

Lord_Athlon 10-13-2014 11:46 PM

Im so sick of garbage coilovers. Thanks Asia.

badvlvo 10-14-2014 12:29 AM

So I could spend more money on this crap or buy goods from Ben. If I were to do another granny it would be just like my 240, Bens coil-overs and roll center correction.

John V, outside agitator 10-14-2014 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord_Athlon (Post 5016433)
Im so sick of garbage coilovers. Thanks Asia.

You should be sick of moron punks who think that their websites selling the exact same junk ---with different color anodizing----and some dumb photos of some tarted up cars "drifting" in some pool table smooth parking lot is going to sell...

The Chinese couldn't be making container ship loads of this garbage----if some schmuck idiots weren't ordering it.

Lord_Athlon 10-14-2014 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John V, outside agitator (Post 5016480)
You should be sick of moron punks who think that their websites selling the exact same junk ---with different color anodizing----and some dumb photos of some tarted up cars "drifting" in some poop table smooth parking lot is going to sell...

The Chinese couldn't be making container ship loads of this garbage----if some schmuck idiots weren't ordering it.

Trust me. Im in the same boat as you

MadDog_945 10-14-2014 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift Brick (Post 5016252)

The cost is around $1085 US dollars shipped.

If you have a jack and stands, a welder, a basic metric tool kit and the ability to do wheel bearings, tie rod ends, and balljoints, then you too can install this kit in a weekend. I recommend having a professional welder, weld the coilover kit to your front knuckle/ spindle / tube assembly if you have any doubts of your welds holding. SAFETY FIRST.

Once i learn how to post images to this Thread from my laptop, i will give pics of points of adjustment and the rear suspension setup in this kit.

Enjoy


So wait.. you charge 1085 and require me to grab my welder ?

I would be interested in a Pic what i would get for my 1085 bucks at first.. ;)

Also interested in the rear setup.. anyway.. don't get me wrong.. ehm.. but this fair price thing hasnt reached me yet..

Ursan 10-14-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Buchka (Post 5016330)
Define "fair price", because what Ben Kaplan charges is absolutely more than fair for what you get.

Link to this Ben Kaplan?

edit: Never mind, I already had it linked.

http://www.kaplhenke.com/

eparayno 10-14-2014 10:22 AM

BC coils are actually built really well. I have them on my 01 530i. No bounciness and they come with camber plates on the fronts. The best thing about BC is you don't mess with pre-load to adjust the height. The shock threads into the lower mount and you have full travel at any ride height. They are rebuildable and have excellent backing through companies in the US.

Circuit Motorsports in Florida got me an awesome deal. 999 shipped and threw in extended adjusters for the rears for free plus I was able to change the spring rates at no extra charge(wish I got Swift springs though). So with the camber plates AND full suspension travel for the front of a 700/900, it's actually a really good deal besides the bit of welding needed which is easy.

It's good though that a company made something for old cars though and BC is one of the better brands and are based in Taiwan and not main land china

doucheNozzle 10-14-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eparayno (Post 5016598)
BC coils are actually built really well. I have them on my 01 530i. No bounciness and they come with camber plates on the fronts. The best thing about BC is you don't mess with pre-load to adjust the height. The shock threads into the lower mount and you have full travel at any ride height. They are rebuildable and have excellent backing through companies in the US.

Circuit Motorsports in Florida got me an awesome deal. 999 shipped and threw in extended adjusters for the rears for free plus I was able to change the spring rates at no extra charge(wish I got Swift springs though). So with the camber plates AND full suspension travel for the front of a 700/900, it's actually a really good deal besides the bit of welding needed which is easy.

It's good though that a company made something for old cars though and BC is one of the better brands and are based in Taiwan and not main land china

Cool. How do they fit on your VOLVO? You know, the brand of car that this forum is based on.

blkaplan 10-14-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eparayno (Post 5016598)
It's good though that a company made something for old cars though and BC is one of the better brands and are based in Taiwan and not main land china

There are at least 3 US companies based in the USA not Taiwan that make things for these olds cars.

Chigga 744SE 10-14-2014 11:22 AM

Lots of smack talk without actual facts.

BC works, they work well, they have engineers on hand developing suspensions, and stop linking Taiwan to China, get your geography right if you want to insult someone, Taiwan is a separate entity from China, if this is an racial issue, then may you find peace at your local KKK meeting.

Here are my honest feedback from my experiences

BC Pros: decently affordable, great customer service when you need parts, you can spec the shocks be dyno tuned accordingly to your spring rates.

BC Cons: I had 1 shock that leaked out of 3 sets I've had on 3 different cars, the BR adjustments are only compressions.

How is it compare to others similar priced? here are ones I've used

KW: KW quality is second to none, but of course you pay the price, the BR is similar to their V1, downside was I had issue with the collars seizing when adjusting pre-loads and takes a while to get parts, but the rides are smooth.

Ground Controls: GC was nice, but again, issue with parts waiting time and confusion on orderings, I hope they sort that out.

Bilstein PSS: Great on track, horrible on the streets if you want to retain your organs.

Koni: Decent.

Tein: Had issue with leaks, took 3 months to get replacements while I had to send faulty one back, so the car drove like ass and looked like ass, bad service, decent products.


What other option you can have?

Look up Fortune Auto, they are a Taiwanese company that set up shop in VA making lots of components locally in VA, they do lots of one offs and employee local machinists and can tune each system to your liking.

Lord_Athlon 10-14-2014 11:33 AM

I dont think anyone thinks its a race thing (at least I dont)

I just think its companies in locales with low manufacturing costs cranking out crap to capitalize on the "Stance/Drift all the things" craze. These seem to be trying to cultivate an image.

Id rather choose a ride height, choose a damper, choose an alignment and get the car set up accordingly the way I want vs mediocre quality, "30 way adjustable" coilovers that are anodized and look cool.

kendogg 10-14-2014 12:54 PM

I've seen a handful of snapped shock shafts on BC's, leakers, among other problems. The QC is piss poor. THAT is a fact Chigga.

eparayno 10-14-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doucheNozzle (Post 5016637)
Cool. How do they fit on your VOLVO? You know, the brand of car that this forum is based on.

I thought the thread was talking about the company? :roll:

My E39 is a 3700 lb car and the BCs have been in there for 2 years and 30,000 + miles and driven on some really ****ty streets and they've held up. Im in the market for a 740 though so I'll let you know how they go on that car, K?

doucheNozzle 10-14-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eparayno (Post 5016789)
I thought the thread was talking about the company? :roll:

My E39 is a 3700 lb car and the BCs have been in there for 2 years and 30,000 + miles and driven on some really ****ty streets and they've held up. Im in the market for a 740 though so I'll let you know how they go on that car, K?

Considering the thread title is "700/900 Coilover kit..." one would assume it's about the 700/900 Coilover kit. Maybe that's just me.

eparayno 10-14-2014 02:51 PM

Yea and the next posts were bashing on the company and those guys don't have these installed on their 700/900s either. I gave my opinion on my experience with products from the same company after the fact. Have I put BC coils on a 700/900? Nope. I do have their coils on another car and basing that personal experience in this thread

daijoubanai 10-14-2014 03:58 PM

I really don't understand why so many people hate on cheap coilovers without ever having used them. I have a set of ksport coilovers, which get hate from most of the internet for being crap, yet I've had them for 7 years and have put over 60k miles on them. I'd say they were definitely worth the money.

While I don't have any experience with BC, I won't judge them based on "lol made in china they suck" like everyone else. Also, depending on who you buy them through, you can probably buy them for less that what their website lists them for.

badvlvo 10-14-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eparayno (Post 5016789)
I thought the thread was talking about the company? :roll:

My E39 is a 3700 lb car and the BCs have been in there for 2 years and 30,000 + miles and driven on some really ****ty streets and they've held up. Im in the market for a 740 though so I'll let you know how they go on that car, K?

Again you are going on about your BMW. Big difference between an e39 and 700/900.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eparayno (Post 5016860)
Yea and the next posts were bashing on the company and those guys don't have these installed on their 700/900s either. I gave my opinion on my experience with products from the same company after the fact. Have I put BC coils on a 700/900? Nope. I do have their coils on another car and basing that personal experience in this thread

We all have opinions. What's wrong with spending the same money to get a proven product from someone who has been supporting this industry for years? We could always send the money to some middleman who has the parts shipped from China.


You have an experience with this company, that's great, but you are missing the big picture.

Drift Brick 10-16-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mueller (Post 5016346)

2 years ago when BC didnt have the kit, now they do and its finnally on a 740 to get feedback on.

Drift Brick 10-16-2014 01:20 PM

I posted this thread in hopes that someone could appreciate the information being shared.

Pay $1085
wait 3 weeks
recieve box of loveliness
Install
and then play with the adjustments till the car is balanced.



I get that alot of people dont like product's for their Swedish car being made in Taiwan, so they can drive the car in the USA..

I also get the honor of alot of board members here having spent a mass number of years f*ckin with suspension combinations untill they came up with a DIY or group buy worthy kits, and i respect that.


I just like to share the lil knowledge i have. That knowledge being that i spent 1085 bucks to get my cars suspension to where i wanted it to be, which is fully adjustable, tuned to my likeing, with no issues.

I hope you all can stop the bashing, unless u have numbers and facts for the ZG09 700/900 series kit and actual experience of how the kit feels to drive, if u dont, then i dont wish to hear crap talked of them.

In the mean time, im going to take some pics later today and work on getting them up of the rear and more detailed shots of the front.

Enjoy

doucheNozzle 10-16-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift Brick (Post 5018410)
I posted this thread in hopes that someone could appreciate the information being shared.

Pay $1085
wait 3 weeks
recieve box of loveliness
Install
and then play with the adjustments till the car is balanced.



I get that alot of people dont like product's for their Swedish car being made in Taiwan, so they can drive the car in the USA..

I also get the honor of alot of board members here having spent a mass number of years f*ckin with suspension combinations untill they came up with a DIY or group buy worthy kits, and i respect that.


I just like to share the lil knowledge i have. That knowledge being that i spent 1085 bucks to get my cars suspension to where i wanted it to be, which is fully adjustable, tuned to my likeing, with no issues.

I hope you all can stop the bashing, unless u have numbers and facts for the ZG09 700/900 series kit and actual experience of how the kit feels to drive, if u dont, then i dont wish to hear crap talked of them.

In the mean time, im going to take some pics later today and work on getting them up of the rear and more detailed shots of the front.

Enjoy

Or for an extra $200 I can support the community instead of some random company looking to make a $ or $$

Edit://Ben's stuff is $740 for front and rear, $1200 for super bitchin' front coilovers.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.