Turbobricks Forums

Turbobricks Forums (https://forums.turbobricks.com/index.php)
-   maintenance & nonperformance (https://forums.turbobricks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Any seat covers that fit 740 front seats nicely? (https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=360252)

daniels740 05-07-2021 07:35 PM

Any seat covers that fit 740 front seats nicely?
 
Almost done with reupholstering my 740's front seats, but regardless of how much I'd like to leave the nice tan leather seats uncovered, I'd rather keep them covered and safe from the sun.

Needless to say, does anyone know some good quality seat covers that fit 740 front seats well? I am willing to spend quite a bit as long as they fit the criteria. Thanks in advance.


P.S.: I am still looking for a bottom tan seat cushion seat skin.

DD Ranch 05-08-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniels740 (Post 6182479)
Almost done with reupholstering my 740's front seats, but regardless of how much I'd like to leave the nice tan leather seats uncovered, I'd rather keep them covered and safe from the sun.

Needless to say, does anyone know some good quality seat covers that fit 740 front seats well? I am willing to spend quite a bit as long as they fit the criteria. Thanks in advance.


P.S.: I am still looking for a bottom tan seat cushion seat skin.

I had canvas seat covers from Auto Seat in a 240. They fit well after a wash to shrink a little.

http://www.autoseats.com/gallery/741_34img.jpg

rearwheelpeel 05-08-2021 05:41 PM

I have coverking brand seat covers in my 960. They are custom made to fit specific seats, so they fit very well and look nice and tight. The stitching came loose on the drivers side back after 6 months of daily use and they sent me a free replacement with no hassle. It has now been about a year and a half on that free replacement and it has not come apart like the first one, but it’s not quite as tight on the seat bottom as it was new due to use. No one ever sits in my passenger seat and it still looks brand new. If I ever need new seat covers I’ll probably buy these again.

daniels740 05-08-2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearwheelpeel (Post 6182714)
I have coverking brand seat covers in my 960. They are custom made to fit specific seats, so they fit very well and look nice and tight. The stitching came loose on the drivers side back after 6 months of daily use and they sent me a free replacement with no hassle. It has now been about a year and a half on that free replacement and it has not come apart like the first one, but it’s not quite as tight on the seat bottom as it was new due to use. No one ever sits in my passenger seat and it still looks brand new. If I ever need new seat covers I’ll probably buy these again.

Any chance you could share a picture of your passenger's side? Their 'rhinohide' seat covers seem to fit the bill for what I'm looking for, is that the type you bought? Thanks.

rearwheelpeel 05-09-2021 06:55 AM

I went with the saddle blanket style, to keep my grandma wagon as grandma-ish as possible.... Iíll add some pics later today.



Quote:

Originally Posted by daniels740 (Post 6182717)
Any chance you could share a picture of your passenger's side? Their 'rhinohide' seat covers seem to fit the bill for what I'm looking for, is that the type you bought? Thanks.


daniels740 05-11-2021 06:59 PM

No rush, but I'm kind of curious to see what $150+ seat covers have to offer!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.