• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Any seat covers that fit 740 front seats nicely?

daniels740

Almost done with reupholstering my 740's front seats, but regardless of how much I'd like to leave the nice tan leather seats uncovered, I'd rather keep them covered and safe from the sun.

Needless to say, does anyone know some good quality seat covers that fit 740 front seats well? I am willing to spend quite a bit as long as they fit the criteria. Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I am still looking for a bottom tan seat cushion seat skin.

Almost done with reupholstering my 740's front seats, but regardless of how much I'd like to leave the nice tan leather seats uncovered, I'd rather keep them covered and safe from the sun.

Needless to say, does anyone know some good quality seat covers that fit 740 front seats well? I am willing to spend quite a bit as long as they fit the criteria. Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I am still looking for a bottom tan seat cushion seat skin.

I had canvas seat covers from Auto Seat in a 240. They fit well after a wash to shrink a little.

http://www.autoseats.com/gallery/741_34img.jpg

I have coverking brand seat covers in my 960. They are custom made to fit specific seats, so they fit very well and look nice and tight. The stitching came loose on the drivers side back after 6 months of daily use and they sent me a free replacement with no hassle. It has now been about a year and a half on that free replacement and it has not come apart like the first one, but it’s not quite as tight on the seat bottom as it was new due to use. No one ever sits in my passenger seat and it still looks brand new. If I ever need new seat covers I’ll probably buy these again.

I have coverking brand seat covers in my 960. They are custom made to fit specific seats, so they fit very well and look nice and tight. The stitching came loose on the drivers side back after 6 months of daily use and they sent me a free replacement with no hassle. It has now been about a year and a half on that free replacement and it has not come apart like the first one, but it’s not quite as tight on the seat bottom as it was new due to use. No one ever sits in my passenger seat and it still looks brand new. If I ever need new seat covers I’ll probably buy these again.

Any chance you could share a picture of your passenger's side? Their 'rhinohide' seat covers seem to fit the bill for what I'm looking for, is that the type you bought? Thanks.

Last edited:
I went with the saddle blanket style, to keep my grandma wagon as grandma-ish as possible.... I?ll add some pics later today.

Any chance you could share a picture of your passenger's side? Their 'rhinohide' seat covers seem to fit the bill for what I'm looking for, is that the type you bought? Thanks.

Back