• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230f+t parts from a b21ft

tog244

Planning on +t ing my 87 244 DL and know someone who has two 84 245 GLTs which are junk to him and he wants almost nothing for the parts. I opened the hood and realized it wasn't the same engine as mine so i got the VINs of both and they have b21fts- are there any parts i can realistically use from his or would they not fit? the turbo looked a little small but it could be the same as a b230ft, im new to this so im not sure. I assume i can use the intercooler, the exhaust manifold looked a little different but it was also buried under lots of stuff so i couldn't tell. any input is appreciated, i couldn't find any threads about this but i figured id ask if it could save me some $ compared to buying parts off of turbobrickers

know someone who has two 84 245 GLTs which are junk to him and he wants almost nothing for the parts.

Be nice to this guy and offer to split the profits on any parts that you sell instead of using yourself.

The Turbo Fan Shrouds are increasingly rare and, if there's two, the extra will pay for months of your favorite refreshing beverage. So are the top and bottom intercooler mounting brackets.

Where are you located? If the K-Jet fuel distributors (the thing in the airbox with all the tiny metal fuel injector pipes going to it) are in good shape, they may be worth some $$$ to K-Jet <strike>diehards</strike> aficionados. If not, they can be gutted to use the Turbo Air Box, filter, and hoses for your +T (instead of an aftermarket cone filter).

The B21FT Turbos are a Garrett T3. They're a little slower to spool than the preferred Mitsubishi 15G, but are fine if you're on a budget. You'll need to add an aftermarket (or early 740T) CBV. Likewise, the B21FT has a "log" exhaust manifold. The 90+ 740T/940T manifolds are nicer, but the log one will work fine if on a budget.

Get the intercooler, mounting hardware, and turbo hoses. You'll need 740T/940T hoses on the intake manifold "cold" side, but the K-Jet B21FT setup has some resale value.

There's probably lots of other Turbo K-Jet specific parts on the donors that are worth some $$$ to the right person.

'85 K-Jet:

'85 converted to LH2.4:

Edit: get the windshield washer fluid tank, the bottom mounting bracket, and the coolant overflow tank+bracket too.

Be nice to this guy and offer to split the profits on any parts that you sell instead of using yourself.

Of course, not trying to take advantage of him but he's a big BMW mechanic and doesn't seem to care that much about them, but i will certainly offer.

I was curious as to what the brake line esque things coming from the airbox were, they seemed to be in decent shape but i only poked around for 20 minutes and didn't remove anything. I'm located in virginia. honestly, i think id rather find injectors and just use those because it seems simpler* correct me if im wrong though

what i've heard is the t3's are the ideal turbo to get, is the only downside the slower spool? Honestly im in no huge rush to +t and would rather spend a little bit more money and wait a little bit to have it turn out nicer in the end.

i assume from my somewhat limited knowledge that the more simple route is to try to find a 740t/940t which i might do, these two 245s aren't going anywhere. let me know what you think though, i could be 100% wrong.

I would be interested in some of the parts if you want to make a few bucks. I'd be potentially interested in the oil cooler setup, coolant reservoir and bracket, and upper intercooler brackets...and maybe the K-Jet airbox.

Back