• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

(formerly) The $700 1988 245

Cwazywazy

Single jingle
Formerly The $700 1988 245

edit: There's a lot of broken pictures in the first several pages and it's all kinda irrelevant anyhow, skip ahead to like page 12 or 13. Or don't. Up to you. The engine from this car lives on in my '82 244GL and I just never bothered to make a new thread.

~~~~~~~~

Just bought it. $700, came with a bunch of oil filters and 6 ****ty tires on steelies. Also a radiator and some other things. Nearly 300k on the body, if the odo is right. Has a turbo engine of unknown year and unknown mileage at stock boost for now. Side pipe with a cherry bomb, locker, and the sloppiest shifter I've ever seen. It's rusty, but significantly less so than my $200 '86. It's gonna be pretty awesome.

5_PMla2d.jpg

2p_XPyz_N.jpg

Last edited:
Hahah weird! I'm from Canada, and someone was picking up some parts we made at the shop. He noticed my Volvo and he's into them too, he ended up showing me this fprsale on Craigslist. As soon as I saw the wheels and colour I knew it was the same one!

Hahah weird! I'm from Canada, and someone was picking up some parts we made at the shop. He noticed my Volvo and he's into them too, he ended up showing me this fprsale on Craigslist. As soon as I saw the wheels and colour I knew it was the same one!

Heh, when was this? Guy I got it from bought it about a year ago.

The paint is in pretty bad shape. The hood is scratched to hell from stuff being on it and the roofs clearcoat is all oxidized. I guess scratches beat having a dozen little rust bubbles, right?

How can I tell if the gauge cluster is original? I kinda wanna know if it actually has 300k. I ran the VIN and there's no records before something like 260k.

Back