Turbobricks Forums

Turbobricks Forums (https://forums.turbobricks.com/index.php)
-   performance & modifications (https://forums.turbobricks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Does anyone make Recaro seat brackets for 142s? (https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=359775)

oemoilleaks 04-01-2021 08:24 PM

Does anyone make Recaro seat brackets for 142s?
 
I'm looking to upgrade my seats in my '68 142s.

I was wondering if anyone makes seat brackets for the 142?

If not has anyone added Recaro LX's to their 142? How'd you do it?

fatcatbestcat 04-01-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oemoilleaks (Post 6172130)
I'm looking to upgrade my seats in my '68 142s.

I asked this question last year and didn't get a response.

There's a chance that you can use the 240 front brackets, but realistically, you could also just weld a Recaro base to the stock 140 seat bases if you don't mind hacking them up.

Bready 04-01-2021 08:35 PM

Woo Hoo twice in one day :bouncy:

DIY

https://pbase.com/chumley1/seats

oemoilleaks 04-02-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcatbestcat (Post 6172136)
I asked this question last year and didn't get a response.

There's a chance that you can use the 240 front brackets, but realistically, you could also just weld a Recaro base to the stock 140 seat bases if you don't mind hacking them up.

Yea I think I found your thread before I posted.

I really hate making seat brackets. It usually ends up costing me as much as if I had just bought one. So I thought I'd see if anyone knew of a manufacturer.

Maybe I'll give wedge brackets a call and see if they can make one even though they don't have it listed.

How different are the mounting points on a 140 v a 240?

fatcatbestcat 04-02-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oemoilleaks (Post 6172251)
How different are the mounting points on a 140 v a 240?

I've not personally looked at the brackets on the 200-series cars, but I'm like 98% sure the floor mounts are completely different. You could probably weld new floor mounts in from a 240, but I still say that making your own brackets is the safest bet.

Bready 04-02-2021 03:09 PM

Getting an adaptor made by a machine shop should be pretty inexpensive - was when I did mine.

VolvoGLT 04-03-2021 05:05 PM

Not sure if this is of help for you since it's about my 240 but here is how I fitted Recaros using the factory brackets: https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=359318

fatcatbestcat 04-03-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VolvoGLT (Post 6172625)
Not sure if this is of help for you since it's about my 240 but here is how I fitted Recaros using the factory brackets: https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=359318

Actually, that's very helpful!

Gives you a good reference of how much work is involved.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.