• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B30 redblock Big Bore Head Gasket (2019-2021 bump)

neildrake

A couple years ago I worked with Cometic to make a head gasket suitable for up to 93mm bore for my B30.
Finished the engine early this year and ended up with a 92mm bore and 6mm stroked motor which yielded approx 3.5l.

Cometic Part numbers are:
0.043" Thickness - PN H3270SP1043F
0.059" THickness - PN H3270SP1059F

Used an off the shelf Wiseco forged piston and Nascar Carrillo rods. Had to have crank welded, narrowed rod journals and reground to smaller diameter journal to accomplish but was happy with results.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV-Q1NaQOZk

Neil

Sounds awesome! It revs quick for a B30. What's the compression ratio?

What kind of car is it in, a Marcos?

NVM, I just saw your user profile:

Your Ride
Marcos 3000GT - 1970

Compression ratio is 11:1.
It picks up revs so quick mainly due to the lightweight flywheel and clutch. Turns out that a tilton 153T nascar flywheel for small ford will bolt to B30 with a few mods. Rods and pistons are a fair bit lighter than stock also.
The extra gauge was just oil pressure temporarily zip tied to intake during break in.

Hopefully you dyno it at some point. It always seems like the B30 doesn't 'scale' as you'd expect from a B20, but then people rarely go all out on a B30 build.

I got something like 185 hp out from my B30E with K-cam style camshaft, but it is not fully sorted out. Max torque comes in quite high rpm, so I might be cam timing issue or exhaust tuning thingy. I got std B30 E moose horns as exhaust manifolds
Before dyno, GT power simulation was made, giving quite close same performance results as dyno.

Dyno TBD

I?ll post after it runs on dyno. Right now I?m gettin break-in miles on it before putting the second valve spring in. Also working on an FI setup. Weber?s are great but think I can do better.
If someone can tell me how to post pics here I can show some more detail. Also running a quaife sequential gearbox that?s pretty fun.
Neil

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/07kmatK_lBk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dbe3413ab63f826c43e41840c2917fe3.jpg

Back