View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 08:53 PM   #35
volvowagoon
Board Member

I forgot to take a "before" picture, but I got the cruise control working again.

You'll have to take my word for it when I say that this looks and functions much better. There was an unnecessary reducing union and two improperly sized tees. Getting the proper tees simplified things and possibly helped with my incredibly slow throttle action. One of the lines was the wrong size which created a bad vacuum leak. That was definitely why I was losing speed on the interstate or up any hill.

My interstate test went well. I got the car up to 70, set the cruise, and observed it holding speed going up a hill. I then pressed the + button a few times to see if I could get it up to 80 without touching the pedal. No problems. It does lose a tiny bit of speed going up hills at 80, but I'm willing to chalk that up as a non-cruise issue.

I have noticed since before my weekend trip that the car is not nearly as peppy as it was when I replaced the accessory bushings. I mean it is incredibly disabled. It doesn't hesitate or even seem to run rough which is odd because the loss in power is now very apparent. The reason I didn't really think much about it during the trip was because the issue is only noticeable around town. Accelerating from a red light almost requires pedal to the metal if I don't want the person behind me to get angry.

I don't know about you, but I think it's time to replace the fuel pumps and filter. I've never done this before on a 240, so I'm in need of tips. Is there a certain brand you guys like to use? Is the IPD "upgrade" in tank pump a solid choice? Is there a solid way to test the system? I was just going to remove the filter and try to blow trough it. Then I would try to pump straight from the in tank into a bucket to check for its function.
volvowagoon is online now   Reply With Quote