View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 01:08 PM   #52
volvowagoon
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IansPlatinum View Post
Very thorough & professional as always. Therapeutic, even. Hope it comes together and performs well come the 31st!
Thanks. I really wish I was still sharing the same experience. To be honest, my enthusiasm for this car is dwindling fast. You'll see why in just a second!

Remember all that stuff about "thorough and professional"? I'm gonna throw that away for a second. This car needs to get me to work while I wait for those stupid rubber mounts.

A little cardboard...

Some zipties...

And there you have it!

I then went for a little test drive. It didn't go well. It ran as crappy as it always. When I got home and parked it in the driveway, I noticed that the main pump was growling just idling. I did the Fuse 4 and 6 trick. It made a normal noise for a second and then buzzed. Now what? Could I have electrically hooked it up backward? It did take forever to start the car which I thought was a bit weird for a return style fuel system.

I guess the next step will be to pull the supply hose off the main pump and try to pump fuel into a jug with the lift pump. Hopefully I didn't burn up either of the brand new pumps already.

At least I did this hack job NOW instead of waiting for the mounts to come on Thursday because then my mood would be even worse!

1986 Buick Grand National - Restored to stock™
2002 Camaro V6 T5 +T - The trashy car that's fun to drive
2010 C30 T5 - The boring but trusty daily - 198k
1989 245 DL - The boring but not trusty daily - 231k
IG: @v6buick
volvowagoon is offline   Reply With Quote