• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New Header Available From KL Racing (2009-2022 bump)

Just about anything is better than a log or cast manifold, but if you show 99% of the turbo collectors out there to guys building real all motor power, they'll laugh at you. Boost response isn't just about making the exhaust volume as small as possible. I've seen a turbo SBC spool 500rpm sooner by going to a bigger hotside. My opinion (and I know we disagree here :-P ) is that the importance of maximizing the heat energy in the exhaust pulses by shortening the collector and runners is overstated.

Out of curiosity, where are you seeing the sub-1 EBRs? Of all the Honda Tech lurking I've done, there seem to be plenty of guys putting down big numbers, but the vast majority don't know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to the actual mechanics of what's happening in their engine.

I really wish they would get the SS header right with the flange. Maybe we can email them this time and they could fix it!?!

Who knows.

B

FWIW the car I'm thinking of specifically and that I think Kenny is thinking of as well is the 700hp stock-engined S2000.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2445762

You'll notice in the thread Tony references both ebr and fast burn in the first 1 or 2 pages. I don't know if he has number for this one but he does for his drag car, which uses a similar merge and runs 8.6's.

The merge looks like this:

front_small.jpg

So that merge is good for 700hp on a stock 2000cc bottom end.

My merges are exactly like that. Such things as this car make me inclined to think they are just fine, and that a revised merge that puts the turbo through the hood has a pretty low effort/benefit ratio.

What is the theory behind the really long ones Karl?
:cool:

Its funny though there isn't a single 'good' or decent header on the market for under a grand.Capt bondo is in his own world for headers for the US market.Tempting me to get a damn welder and make my own crap.

So I guess that post is supposed to read that what I'm making is not "decent" per your standards?

Care to post a pic of what your "decent" headers look like?

So I guess that post is supposed to read that what I'm making is not "decent" per your standards?
I took it to mean that you were the only one with a worthwhile product in the US. :e-shrug: As in a good thing. But who knows for sure with the grammar of people around here most of the time.

I took it to mean that you were the only one with a worthwhile product in the US. :e-shrug: As in a good thing. But who knows for sure with the grammar of people around here most of the time.

Yeah could be. I blame lead based paint chips.

hello!

if some need pic and info from the disigne of this turbo hedder you can find it in my speed shopp link http://forum.savarturbo.se/viewtopic.php?t=18435&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

the finish produkt is somwhat diffrent and need som work in the colektors to youse twin entry turbo.

it will come a second typ in the future that is more like my hedder.
but this first typ is a good system if you put a night of work in it, and it has verry strong and crack free pipes.

Pfrdig2.jpg

Last edited:
Back