• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking to make your car turbocharged? READ FIRST

Well I have to wait until tax return season rolls around, but it is close enough for me to try to get an idea if I will need any extra parts, or not...

Going to get the engine swapped by a volvo specialty shop in the summer, can't wait for my B230FT.

Hopefully I can pay them to throw a M90 transmission in with it, I heard the M47/46 Can't hold more than 200hp

Going to get the engine swapped by a volvo specialty shop in the summer, can't wait for my B230FT.

Hopefully I can pay them to throw a M90 transmission in with it, I heard the M47/46 Can't hold more than 200hp

good luck, not available in the US unless you have one sent here from Europe, expect to pay $1000 for parts and shipping (or more)

looking to +tee. need all parts, labor, and tools for free. you bring beer and bud. if you can help i'll give you lots of gum.....it's stride so it's def worth it....:rofl:

should be asleep, instead i'm being a smartass for no reason. :roll:

photo-1.png

Horray! serious question tho, how much boost, right now im at 6psi turbo ecu inter cooler and exhaust.

Hi, I'm new to this site. Looking for anyone who took the 2.4i and added a turbo to it. Just starting the project, so any input is helpful at this point.

I have a clean low mileage 85 245 and would really like to do a turbo swap or add a turbo to the original engine. I can get a very good running 90 740 turbo sedan with 200k on it for $900 maybe cheaper. I really want to make it look stock under the hood so is it better/easier to do a swap or just get the correct parts from the junk yard and add a turbo to the stock engine. The engine in the wagon runs great it is just a turd. I am very mechanical and have built a few Mopar muscle cars from the ground up, so I am not a total noobie.

I have a clean low mileage 85 245 and would really like to do a turbo swap or add a turbo to the original engine. I can get a very good running 90 740 turbo sedan with 200k on it for $900 maybe cheaper. I really want to make it look stock under the hood so is it better/easier to do a swap or just get the correct parts from the junk yard and add a turbo to the stock engine. The engine in the wagon runs great it is just a turd. I am very mechanical and have built a few Mopar muscle cars from the ground up, so I am not a total noobie.

Or should I just sell the 245 and get a 740/940 or 850 turbo wagon?

Buy a stacked 93+ 940 T parts car, and find a 240D airbox in the JY or in wanted / for sale.

Buy a stacked 93+ 940 T parts car, and find a 240D airbox in the JY or in wanted / for sale.

hey, is there somewhere that shows what I would need to poach from a 940?

There's quite a few of these at pick n pull...

yes, I tried searching - but no go.

"turbos run 3.0 bar fuel pressure. NA cars run 2.5bar. you want the 3bar if it is in good shape. 2 bolts and an oring is all that holds it in."

In response to this.... does this mean I could replace my FPR with say.... one from IPD for a 90's turbo car, which would be a brand new part? What exactly is 2.5 vs 3bar.... just the cut-off point? Can I add that to get ahead of the game before I replace injectors and pumps just to get something simple done?

<a href="http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=275940">Here</a> is my successful +T build thread. I added a turbo to a '87 240 with LH 2.2. It cost me $640 including the car but I was able so scrounge up a lot of parts from cars I've parted out.

Last edited:
I hate to bump up a old post, but i am planning to do a +T, I have a B230F in a 1994 Volvo 940 (Built at Sep 1993) and a B230FT out of a Volvo 740, I wonder if I have the thicker Crank and thicker Rods on my B230F, is there anyway to tell except pulling the whole engine out and look inside, I have a 531 head does it help identifying the block ? Thanks Guys

1988 Volvo 760 turbo

Please Help!
I just purchased a 1988 Volvo 760 turbo with 227k miles. I want to upgrade the turbo, but I don't know much about cars. Engine size? Current stock turbo? Can I tweak it? What is the biggest, cheapest, fastest and easiest way to make this thing a horsepower freak show? Please help, all suggestions are welcome. Thanks, Jay.

Back