• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

S/V/C Incredible fail. Please help.

First gen s40.

Split engine and transmission when I swapped engine.

Took off crank position sensor bracket. Forgot to replace it. Now engine is in the car, half way reinstalled.

Won't be able to get the bracket installed without partially removing the transmission.

How far back can I move it before the torque converter unseats?

---

I really should crush this ****ing car. What a CF

For clarification, you bolted the converter to the flex plate prior to installing the transmission?

Why not unbolt the torque converter and let it slide out with the transmission?
That's how I remember doing it on my '01.

For clarification, you bolted the converter to the flex plate prior to installing the transmission?

Why not unbolt the torque converter and let it slide out with the transmission?
That's how I remember doing it on my '01.

The friend I had helping me suggested loctite for the converter bolts :oops:

So, it will either be repaired by sliding the transmission back until I can place the bracket... Or, I will actually crush it ;-)

It only goes about 1cm before the torque converter will unseat.

Undo the torque converter. Loctite is never permanent.

Loctite is never permanent.

Agreed.
Just make sure your wrench fits properly and I bet it will unscrew.
In this case, I believe it is a torx fitting.

FWIW, I didn't Loctite anything and it's lasted 60K miles since I changed the transmission.
I have no reason to doubt this engine/transmission combo will last at least 300,000 miles. 235,000 now.

Though the body on this '01 may not survive another 5-years of CT DOT Magnesium Chloride winters. Even though they promise that "it's not that MgCl brine is more corrosive, you just have to wash your car more often".
Yea, DOT really said that.

Well, I left the converter connected and the long bell housing bolts still threaded in with 1/2" or so of shank showing.

The transmission fell back on it's own. I inserted the wayward bolt and then tightened everything back up.

Will the pump shear? Only time will tell :rofl:

(Really starting to hate this car anyway) :ninja:

Been meh on mine since I received it from my daughter 3 years ago.
It really has been a very dependable ride over the years.

I wouldn't call it fun, but more like a very good appliance.

Well, I left the converter connected and the long bell housing bolts still threaded in with 1/2" or so of shank showing.

The transmission fell back on it's own. I inserted the wayward bolt and then tightened everything back up.

Will the pump shear? Only time will tell :rofl:

(Really starting to hate this car anyway) :ninja:

Sounds like operator error, not automobile error on this one man. :rofl:

You think you hate the car? Think what it's like having a guy who forgets steps completely working on you! Thank god you're not a cardiac surgeon. ;)

"****. Nurse... this was a mechanical valve install. We've already got the chest half way closed up, and I Just found the mechanical valve over here on a tray. Do we need to open him back up? How far?" :rofl::rofl:

Sounds like operator error, not automobile error on this one man. :rofl:

You think you hate the car? Think what it's like having a guy who forgets steps completely working on you! Thank god you're not a cardiac surgeon. ;)

"****. Nurse... this was a mechanical valve install. We've already got the chest half way closed up, and I Just found the mechanical valve over here on a tray. Do we need to open him back up? How far?" :rofl::rofl:

Op Note:
Patient was prepped and draped, initiation of anesthesia uneventful.
The chest cavity was opened, the heart stopped, and extracorporeal heart lung machine activated. Pt was deemed not a valve replacement candidate.
spontaneous cardiac rythym reestablished, surgical wound closed.
pt recovering nicely

PAYME

op note:
Patient was prepped and draped, initiation of anesthesia uneventful.
The chest cavity was opened, the heart stopped, and extracorporeal heart lung machine activated. Pt was deemed not a valve replacement candidate.
Spontaneous cardiac rythym reestablished, surgical wound closed.
Pt recovering nicely

payme

hahahahahahaha

image.jpg

Back