• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My first DIY clutch job

Those ramps and wood blocks look good for raising the car up. However, for easy driveshaft removal. I use the jack points so the rear axle hangs. This takes all the tension off the driveshaft making it easier to remove.

No duct tape or coat hanger wire???
Do you think they are not strong enought to support the weight of the car or they are less safe that commercial ramps, wood cribs or rubber Race Ramps Adjustable Wheel Cribs?
Please show me why, I'm always open to other opinions.

However, for easy driveshaft removal. I use the jack points so the rear axle hangs. This takes all the tension off the driveshaft making it easier to remove.
I'm sorry but I didn't understand what you are meaning, too. Do you say that you jack the rear and put it on jack stands under the jacking points?
If it is so ok, but the problem rising the rear of the car from the side is that the rear jacking point is also the best place where to put the jack stand.
I found an alternative point where to put the jack but I'm not confortable using it (also if it is solid) and I whould like to build a trolley jack extension and not use a wood block.
By using ramps objectively to rise the rear of the car is quicker and safer.

OK, I raise the rear of the car on the differential. this raises the whole back of the car at once. Then I can put the jackstands on the jack points on both sides. Next lower the car on to the jack stands. Once the car is safely on the stands you can remove the jack from the differential and the axle will hang with no tension on the driveshaft.

You are right, jacking the rear of the car from the differential is the best way, fast and safe as jacking the front from the jacking plate belove the steering rack.

My problem is that I work into a garage that is longer only an half meter the 940 and so I must rise the rear from the sides (I enter the car by rear).

Yes, you have to work with what the situation is. A 940 is quite a large car for Italy. The garages are built for you to fit a Fiat 500 in there. LOL.

Do you think they are not strong enought to support the weight of the car or they are less safe that commercial ramps, wood cribs or rubber Race Ramps Adjustable Wheel Cribs?
Please show me why, I'm always open to other opinions.

I believe they're just joking since your DIY solution seems well-made compared to some DIY solutions found elsewhere. :nod:

Back