• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

So I dyno'd my car.

Simi

Upsetti Spaghetti
Went on a dyno run

Engine
B230FT
LH2.4 TALO Chipped
13mm rods
440cc Injectors
Stock Fuel Pumps
Ported 90+ Manifold
TD04HL 19t at 15PSI
HKS EVC 4
NPR Intercooler
Custom PCV System
RSI Stage II Cam
Cam Advanced 4 degrees
E Fan
012AMM
3"DP to 2.5 Catback, one resonator

Transmission
World Class T5
Flat Flywheel
6 Puck Clutchnet Disc
240 Turbo Pressure plate
Custom Driveshaft

Problem is that it runs out of steam at about 5k rpm when it should go 6k+, is that cam timing or?

Is there another way I can get some more horses out of it without getting more torques, I am at the max torque my clutch and t5 can handle supposedly?

There should be a noticeable difference in top end performance with the cam timed straight up. Or not since the hotside of the turbo could be the restriction.

Regardless, nice numbers man.

At only 15psi those are really good numbers. For sure the 90+ and turbine housing are a restriction but I cannot comment on why your setup drops power so badly. My only dyno was with a much larger turbo and header and my setup with the enem v15 cam was still making power at 6400 when they lifted.

What were afrs the entire run? I would try running the cam straight up and see how it does.

Add bigger injectors, tune for E85 and add more timing at upper RPM.

Leave timing under 3500rpm the same, since that is your torque peak.

Advance cam timing suppose to give you a little more torque while retard suppose to give you a little more hp.

Last edited:
At only 15psi those are really good numbers. For sure the 90+ and turbine housing are a restriction but I cannot comment on why your setup drops power so badly. My only dyno was with a much larger turbo and header and my setup with the enem v15 cam was still making power at 6400 when they lifted.

What were afrs the entire run? I would try running the cam straight up and see how it does.

No idea on the AFR, they did not put the sensor in the tail pipe and I have no AFR gauge.

Forgot to mention that I have a flat flange turbine housing with a 3" v band welded on.

I agree with Athlon. Exhaust side is too small. I was able to wind my td04hl to 6k but that required very careful porting on the turbine housing.

Few questions:

1. What is your boost between 2500-6000?
2. What actuator are you running?
3. What's your cam set at?
4. Is it a 6 or 7cm^2 turbine housing?

I agree with Athlon. Exhaust side is too small. I was able to wind my td04hl to 6k but that required very careful porting on the turbine housing.

Few questions:

1. What is your boost between 2500-6000?
2. What actuator are you running?
3. What's your cam set at?
4. Is it a 6 or 7cm^2 turbine housing?

1. 15 at the moment, drops off to 14 or so in the high rev range
2. Kinugawa adjustable with a 11/12 psi spring.
3. Cam is 4 degrees advanced
4. 6cm turbine housing, flat flange.

Good deal on the actuator.

As for the cam, you will see much better power with it straight up, maybe backed up a degree or two from the top.

As for the turbine, smoothing the flowpath all the way into thw taper zone and around the inlet to the wastegate puck, plus opening it up so it's more like a 7cm housig goes a very long way for your powerband.

^True.

Even properly breathing on a bone stock car with just a T3/.63 cossie housing (or similar) with a much opened up 90+ and a bone stock bottle neck head with a T cam it should pull to 5500-5700 :lol:

Crazy cam advance or spark advance curve?

Went on a dyno run

Engine
B230FT
LH2.4 TALO Chipped
13mm rods
440cc Injectors
Stock Fuel Pumps
Ported 90+ Manifold
TD04HL 19t at 15PSI
HKS EVC 4
NPR Intercooler
Custom PCV System
RSI Stage II Cam
Cam Advanced 4 degrees
E Fan
012AMM
3"DP to 2.5 Catback, one resonator

Transmission
World Class T5
Flat Flywheel
6 Puck Clutchnet Disc
240 Turbo Pressure plate
Custom Driveshaft

Problem is that it runs out of steam at about 5k rpm when it should go 6k+, is that cam timing or?

Is there another way I can get some more horses out of it without getting more torques, I am at the max torque my clutch and t5 can handle supposedly?

Make sure it's not pulling out timing.

Double check base timing/cam timing; try another run with the cam zero'd out. There should be more in it, and it shouldn't stop pulling at 3500. Good luck!

Back