• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Has anyone used Retro Turbo's camber plates?

Ben, what is the ride height difference over stock with these installed?

I like having more caster in these cars, it makes them more calm on the highway and it puts a nicer weight into the steering. If anyone has these and coilover springs, position 3 is the way to go unless you need max - camber then you can get a little more in position 2 before you start cutting.
Well, yes, more caster is more better up to a point, but I wouldn't say I'd prefer more on a street car than a race car... If the real reason is the camber can be more aggressive in position 2, then I understand. How much more caster are we talking? This should be an easily measured thing so you could state what it should be adding vs. stock mounts.

It's not a rumor, it's a fact that the currently-supplied Volvo OE mounts are junk. I bought a set of the new crop and they began to split with zero mines on them. They were so bad that I took them out and returned them to the dealer and got a refund.
Wow, that sucks! I got some OE ones years ago and they've been fine for me for many hard miles(too low for stock length struts and too weak springs/struts). Apparently they aren't that good anymore which really sucks!

Ben,

what type of cutting is required (ballpark) to run position 2?

You can run pos 2 w/out cutting but to get full adjusment (which is more camber then most people will want) you have to clearance the strut tower for the strut shaft and also trim the edge of the strut mount.

Ben, what is the ride height difference over stock with these installed?

For the height, this is pretty easily answered by looking on my webpage and seeing this picture.

profileheight_1024x1024.jpg

Well, yes, more caster is more better up to a point, but I wouldn't say I'd prefer more on a street car than a race car... If the real reason is the camber can be more aggressive in position 2, then I understand. How much more caster are we talking? This should be an easily measured thing so you could state what it should be adding vs. stock mounts.

Obviously no one wants 30 degrees of caster but this is a strut suspension and we are moving the top so you wont get that much by making changes. Certainly not enough to get past that point.

About 1 degree more. between 1-2 and 3 1 and 2 have ~.5 from stock.

Well, yes, more caster is more better up to a point, but I wouldn't say I'd prefer more on a street car than a race car...

You should come by and drive the v8 car. It has 6deg of caster. It drives very well around PDX.

For the height, this is pretty easily answered by looking on my webpage and seeing this picture.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0260/2623/products/profileheight_1024x1024.jpg?v=1448034268

Obviously no one wants 30 degrees of caster but this is a strut suspension and we are moving the top so you wont get that much by making changes. Certainly not enough to get past that point.

About 1 degree more. between 1-2 and 3 1 and 2 have ~.5 from stock.
I looked on my phone but apparently didn't come across that picture. I can't remember though, does the strut sit at the bottom(top in those pictures) of the mount as pictured? Meaning the difference is that your mount will lower the car about 1/4" from whatever it was at with the stock mounts?

And sounds good on the caster add, thanks!

You should come by and drive the v8 car. It has 6deg of caster. It drives very well around PDX.
I'm sure it does and I agree I should! Who would say no?! Hah

I am using retro turbo camber plates on my 245 since 2015 and they are working good.
Friendly advice: if you ordering from him.. ask him to reduce the diameter to minimum, as mine came way to big.

Back