• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Resistor Pack Installation Help Please

Dvroofer

I am currently in the process of prepping my 1991 volvo 240 wagon B230f for a +T. I have pulled a turbo and mainfold, intercooler, air box and piping off a 1989 740, bought a sandwich block off plate from earls, Hoses, fittings, oil relocation mount and a oil cooler. I am prepping the pan for the oil drainage feed. I have a set of green injectors but need to wire in the resistor pack that I also pulled. Any help would be appreciated I have searched the forum and been unsuccessful. another question is do I require any additional electronics for the turbo set up beyond a turbo ecu?
a>
a>

a>

reisitor pack install .. help

I am currently in the process of prepping my 1991 volvo 240 wagon B230f for a +T. I have pulled a turbo and mainfold, intercooler, air box and piping off a 1989 740, bought a sandwich block off plate from earls, Hoses, fittings, oil relocation mount and a oil cooler. I am prepping the pan for the oil drainage feed. I have a set of green injectors but need to wire in the resistor pack that I also pulled. Any help would be appreciated I have searched the forum and been unsuccessful. another question is do I require any additional electronics for the turbo set up beyond a turbo ecu?
a>
a>

a>

Wrong section, mods will surely move it for you.
But it's about 50x easier to use 850 turbo injectors (reddish color) without a resistor pack, you'll also need the turbo EZK.

If you can find a 940t grab the ECU, EZK, FPR, MAF wiring and manifold, then the turbo (15g) and injectors off an 850t.

Last edited:
Wrong section, mods will surely move it for you.
But it's about 50x easier to use 850 turbo injectors (reddish color) without a resistor pack, you'll also need the turbo EZK.

If you can find a 940t grab the ECU, EZK, FPR, MAF wiring and manifold, then the turbo (15g) and injectors off an 850t.

Thanks. I have a turbo ezk I pulled from the yard this weekend.I was looking at some 30lb injectors from fiveo that I believe are the same as red tops or the Red Devils. Direct fit says fiveo. You think I?d be better off going on that direction? They have larger ones that fit as well but I?m not to knowledgeable on injectors so I?m hesitant. What lb high impendence injectors do you think might work the best?
https://www.fiveo-racing.com/collections/long-fuel-injectors/products/bosch-ev6-long-2?variant=36732716227

Moving here since it's the right section

Thanks. I have a turbo ezk I pulled from the yard this weekend.I was looking at some 30lb injectors from fiveo that I believe are the same as red tops or the Red Devils. Direct fit says fiveo. You think I’d be better off going on that direction? They have larger ones that fit as well but I’m not to knowledgeable on injectors so I’m hesitant. What lb high impendence injectors do you think might work the best?
https://www.fiveo-racing.com/collections/long-fuel-injectors/products/bosch-ev6-long-2?variant=36732716227

30lb is in line with 850t red injectors, but pay attention to at what pressure the ratings are based on (your example is at the same 3bar as 940t/850t). $60 each is more then a whole set of junkyard red ones. You could visit a PnP or check the for sale section, $9 each over there.

There's also the easy button...
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=247971

#33 and hi-z. I can ship them out tomorrow.

Also, no need to change out the FPR, same between NA and turbo on LH2.4.

I did notice as well, you got the early manifold. See if you can find a 90+, they do flow a bit better, also easier to work with.

I was under the impression LH2.4 240s had 2.5bar FPRs while 940t had 3bar?

Those whites would be better if your looking to increase boost down the line, and at a good price

Nope, 2.4 runs 3b, turbo or NA. Only certain 2.2 cars had the 2.5b reg.

The whites seem to run better than the normal 804 or 357 greens as well. 4-hole instead of pintle's.

Nope, 2.4 runs 3b, turbo or NA. Only certain 2.2 cars had the 2.5b reg.

The whites seem to run better than the normal 804 or 357 greens as well. 4-hole instead of pintle's.

Thank you let me pm you and I?ll try out a set. I was under the impression I had the wrong 3 bar on my n/a and needed to go to a 2.5. Thanks for the clarification. The 2.5 I found did come off a 2.2. Will not be putting it on. Will these be ok to put in before I add my turbo set up?

Back