View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 01:02 PM   #6
142 guy
Board Member

If your MS2 is traditional, i.e. you haven't switched to sequential operation, you should have the 3 LEDs on the back of the case. As I recall, on a cold engine the warm up LED should illuminate on power up and when you crank the engine the injector lights should flash. If you don't get any LED activity then check the power supply to the MS2 DB37 to make sure that it is OK. If you have external power, then time to pop the case open. The first thing would be to check that you have 12 v to the regulator input and that you have 5 v on the sanctioned 5 v. If you don't have 5 v on the sanctioned output the poly fuse may have failed. You can find the schematics for the MS2 board here:

http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/pcb.htm

It is unlikely that you have damaged the actual micro controller chip.

If the LEDs power up then you may have a serial bus communications failure. My favorite pick would be a dead USB-RS2 adapter. However, make sure the COM ports are correct and that the driver for the adapter has not been corrupted or is no longer present.

The red / green flashing lights - is that on the RS2 - USB adapter because I don't ever recall seeing red/green lights on an MS2 board. Are you using an FTDI based RS2-USB adapter? Those are the most reliable.
142 guy is offline   Reply With Quote