• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Using a Hall sensor for Crankshaft Position Sensor

See you're incorrect . What he actually said is the same thing. Ud actually use the not equal sign to relay that.... The exclamation point didn't really fit because in math it represents a factorial. That particular post really only reinforced my miscalculation.

Last edited:
Thats correct so you'd never want to post an equal sign to relay they are not equal. At this hour thats a pretty insane concoction. Don't you think its about time to lay off the alcohol? I dont know who in their right mind drinks four locos... Thats some horrible ****.

Last edited:
!= is standard notation for not equals.

and that's been the case since well before I got into programming in the early 90's

Don't you think its about time to lay off the alcohol? I dont know who in their right mind drinks four locos... Thats some horrible ****.

We?re just getting warmed up. If only Sparks was still being made.

We?re just getting warmed up. If only Sparks was still being made.

Oh buddy, blackberry sparks was the choice drink when Dan and I lived together and had to sit at the laundromat. Good times. Dan?s old 242 would spin some good doughnuts in the parking lot off Garden Home near the laundromat.

!= is standard notation for not equals.

and that's been the case since well before I got into programming in the early 90's

Glad you corrected that, IN PROGRAMMING because they are mostly restricted to the main characters on the board and ASCII. is the standard notation for inequality in mathematics. Please there's no need to skew the truth when it is actually a programming stand in and not the standard symbol for inequality in mathematics. In correctness there are many other forms that are used as stand ins but you will not find != as the standard for inequality in mathematics. I first started programming long before 1990 more like the mid 70s. The language was basic and the pc was a commodore vic 20. I was well before all of that and to my knowledge FORTRAN was one of the first computing languages to use the equal sign. I doubt you know much about a commodore vic 20 or Fortran.

Cullberro If warming up means a battle with the phone world over 250 x 6 and totally get off topic I wont participate .its kind of silly if you ask me. Try you a nice cuban wrap and some Remy XO. Leave that cheap poison alone .

I think Its about time for Sparks to get his thread back? Don't you agree?

Itz been real
Hubert

Last edited:
so there's some discussion as to when that became a thing, but it was in the C standard back in the early 70's, it's ok to call that standard notation anywhere. I've not run into anyone before now that took exception to it, and you're not old enough to have gone through a EE program where that wasn't a thing either. :-/

Not really because you really have no other reason to use it especially here...Im sorry but it wont be anymore discussion about it or much more with you on my end. Im about to get laid playa....and not do this at 2:58. You need sleep and I actually have a life outside of Turbobricks....:-D

Goodnight....

@ sparks u are in my contacts and have my pm if you need anything feel free to ask.

Regards
Hubert

Last edited:
Oh buddy, blackberry sparks was the choice drink when Dan and I lived together and had to sit at the laundromat. Good times. Dan?s old 242 would spin some good doughnuts in the parking lot off Garden Home near the laundromat.

I didn?t even know there was a blackberry flavor.
My go to was orange and green, both the color of their respective antifreezes. Orange was slightly bette than green iirc.

You guys are making me nostalgic for college coach day trips.
[...] Make sure that the alignment is well centered and perpendicular. The recommended 1.5mm gap seems normal. Your custom bracket is aluminum (or robust plastic), right? [...]
I've got the sensor positioned really nicely with the bracket, so now I'll be making a non-ferrous version, thanks for heading that off

You know that you've strayed into the Aftermarket Engine Management forum though right?

Yes. I have built several different aftermarket ecus. OEM triggering systems are my first choice. Last choice would be front trigger wheel and hall sensor.

The OE VR sensor on the flywheel is kind of a pile of garbage. Best bet would be to use a hall sensor on the flywheel.

Not all OE trigger systems are created equal.

I agree I don't know why it would be seen as "Garbage". It would help to get a reason why someone would say something Volvo makes is garbage in a Volvo forum and not give clear reasons why they feel that way. If it works the idea to use the factory trigger and location is attractive.

Regards
Hubert

Back