• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Project Get Out of Its Own Way V.2

What flavor of GM transmission is that there in your pictures? Do you have to do any internal improvements to make it live with the 550hp you are about to make?

What flavor of GM transmission is that there in your pictures? Do you have to do any internal improvements to make it live with the 550hp you are about to make?

4L80E, I?m going to run it the way it sits with maybe a highstall converter. If it doesn?t hold up I?ll send it over to xtreme transmissions for a modified rebuild.

I pulled out the AC unit this morning. I had to bend couple things to get the condenser out of the way. I’m pretty sure the dealership when they reinstalled the plate above it spot welded it on after a minor accident where my buddy back into my grill when we were in high school and bent it. I couldn’t pry the thing off without breaking random spot welds. Not sure why because photos I’ve seen on other Volvo’s it unbolts. Can you guys confirm that?

spot welds.

Hey , nice build. When I was doing my supra 6 cyl swap,I decided to drill trough the spot welds and put nuts and bolts in it. It was so much easier to slide the engine / trans combo in one shot, cause i was doing it Han Solo. Must of the ones I've seen are welded. I could be mistaken, but it worked out for me that way. See ya!!! DZ

I pulled out the AC unit this morning. I had to bend couple things to get the condenser out of the way. I?m pretty sure the dealership when they reinstalled the plate above it spot welded it on after a minor accident where my buddy back into my grill when we were in high school and bent it. I couldn?t pry the thing off without breaking random spot welds. Not sure why because photos I?ve seen on other Volvo?s it unbolts. Can you guys confirm that?

Hey , nice build. When I was doing my supra 6 cyl swap,I decided to drill trough the spot welds and put nuts and bolts in it. It was so much easier to slide the engine / trans combo in one shot, cause i was doing it Han Solo. Must of the ones I've seen are welded. I could be mistaken, but it worked out for me that way. See ya!!! DZ
Thank you! Great idea, I was able to get the two to mate tonight luckily.

O-H-I-O!

I love what you are doing with your project. Hopefully we can meet up sometime.

Thanks! Looks like you have V8 swap yourself. Maybe once I get this together we could meet up.

Going to mount the new shifter on top of the shifter box. Going to weld a plate onto the top of it.

Finally made enough clearance for the transmission connectors.

Luckily made enough space to get the last bell housing bolt in. Now I start moving forward again.

Welded a 1/8” plate to the shifter bucket and painted it. Stick welder isn’t the best for sheet metal but it will work.

Shifter below is what I got. I’ll have to cut it to fit.

Back