• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Trigger offset angle microsquirt

VB242

I.M. Weasel
So I can't get the timing set by moving the distributor, or by pulling the distributor out and changing the tooth either. I'm guessing it's a tooth off on the belt. I'm using a lh2.2 distributor and the 4 slot rotor wheel for a trigger. With it one way I can't get the timing lower than 20 degrees and if I pull the distributor and move it a tooth I can't get more than 5 degrees. If I want to retard the timing from the higher tooth do I change the trigger angle higher say to 63.4 from 53.4 or do I set it lower to 43.4?

So to answer my own question, it seemed happier this morning at 43.4, I did not have time to throw the timing light on it but it was set at 20 degrees last night before I changed the trigger angle from 53.4. Still getting a little knock at 10psi but that might be because bigger turbo, I ran a datalog this morning and richened everything up when I got to work, I'll see what happens at lunch time.

I have a head mounted Lh 2.2 dizzy. According to the microsquirt manual you can only set the trigger angle between 0-15 degrees or >55 degrees. If you set it in the range of 16-54 degrees it will not advance or retard the timing to your timing table. I had mine set at something like 20 degrees during my first dyne session and the MS would not change off of 10 degrees.

Your trigger angle setting of 43.4 is not allowed. See section 6.2.1.1 of the MS Hardware 3.4 manual.

That would explain a few things, yes the datalog shows a max of 10 degrees. I guess I'll have to figure something else out.

Edit: I hadn't changed the the setting on the ignition setup from fixed to use table. I'm going for a drive in minute I'll at what happens.

Last edited:
Your maximum timing advance will never exceed trigger angle with a basic trigger setup. FYI.

Back