• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ready for my close-up Mr DeMille

TR Conn

OK, I'm ready to show my project
I've been working on this for about three years. Started with a '65 in questionable condition. It served well as a test bed for this car, and I was able to part out the B20 for a little extra cash.
Then I bought a used V70 for my wife and the guy happened to have this '67 with a blown auto trans. It became a package deal...
Since the '65 needed so much work (body, interior etc.) I just transferred the engine swap over to the '67. It's amazing how smoothly things go when you have done it before.
After many tests, trials, mistakes, redos and cases of beer. I'm just about done.
As it sits now here's what I've got:
'67 1/2 Amazon
'89 B230F LH 2.4 incl. the entire wiring harness (engine & chassis) from the donor
T-5 Trans (Avalanche adapter)
Air conditioning
Acura seats front & rear
I've done all of the work (body, paint, engine, electrical etc) except shortening the driveshaft.

Show01.jpg

Show02.jpg

Show03.jpg

Show04.jpg

Show05.jpg

Show07.jpg

Show06.jpg

Show085.jpg

Show08.jpg

Show09.jpg

Show10.jpg

Show11.jpg

Show12.jpg

Getting the once-over at Davis (Drove up from San Luis Obisbo that morning)

I really like your car! The instrument cluster works remarkably well in there too! I like the purist gawkers making sure you're okay to hang out, lol. Keep up the great work! ps, go lower. :volvo:

looks great! the engine hardly fits, i bet that fun figuring out the wiring harness routing and stuff.

I hope you are going to replace the wooden lift block for the seats. If you cant make them, get me some dimensions and i can make them out of aluminum(you would have to pay for shipping and aluminum)

I would love to go lower, but the driveshaft barely fits as it is and I have issues with the speedo sensor. I have a little "propeller" on the DS which hits when I bottom out.

When you start tearing into Volvos, it is amazing haw many parts haven't changed much over the years. The harness, other than being a little long, fit in fairly easily.

Arrowinterior_Panorama1.jpg

I just got the seats in yesterday, the 2x4 will be replaced.

Last edited:
Yea exactly! You missed driving up with our huge caravan. You gotta come up with us this time. No excuses.

Where'd you stay?

I have a friend in Atascadero He wasn't too happy, we left at 4:00 AM.
After the show, we turned around and drove back!
10 hours and this was the first real outing with the car. I had only logged about 15 highway miles previously.

Looks good but you need to polish that cam cover.;-) So how fast is it compared to the B20? Improvement i presume?

Damn, nicely done, glad the '65 was able to serve you as a test-bed for this car, it was a little far gone to come out this clean without a lot of time and $$.
The interior fits the car very good, and those seats look pretty comfortable for long trips. Those wheels look pretty good all cleaned up too, keep up the good work.

-Sean

Nice fit on the engine. Think you might squeeze a turbo in there? The car would look sexy closer too the ground.

O.M.G. beautiful. beauty in simplicity. i like the simple but very funtional mods (E-fan, etc).

if you dont mind me asking (you can PM me if you like) how much do you have wraped up in this?

im having to decide between a 122, and an amazon, when the $ is in hand lol.

How much???
This is a hobby, who counts dollars?
In reality, this is the compilation of 3 cars: the original '65, the '67 and an '89 240 wagon.
Whatever I couldn't use I sold, ebay, turbobricks, craigs list etc.etc.
Though I've spent more than I care to know, not all of it was out of pocket.
BTW I still have a garage full of stuff left to sell. Watch for it in the for sale forum.

I find that a turbo adds efficiency in prolonged, steady driving. I however lack self control to keep my foot out of it. I have a 94 b230f+t.

Back