• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Turbo Timer with A/F Function.

Tilstar

Hey, just bought an APEXI turbo timer. It has an A/F function, but needs to be hooked up to the NB O2 sensor? Came with diagrams for all Jap ECUs, but none for the Volvo. Can anyone tell me where the 02 sensor plugs into my ECU????

Tilstar said:
Hey, just bought an APEXI turbo timer. It has an A/F function, but needs to be hooked up to the NB O2 sensor? Came with diagrams for all Jap ECUs, but none for the Volvo. Can anyone tell me where the 02 sensor plugs into my ECU????
First find the O2 sensor. It's in the exhaust obviously ;-) . It's either got a single wire (tap into it) or probably a 3 wire connector. Two of the wires are heater wires, the other one is the signal. If I remember correctly, the heater wires are both white, while the signal is black... Not positive.

That's it. These things sound like fun, too bad I'm way too cheap to fork up the $100 for one.

John

The Aspirator said:
First find the O2 sensor. It's in the exhaust obviously ;-) . It's either got a single wire (tap into it) or probably a 3 wire connector. Two of the wires are heater wires, the other one is the signal. If I remember correctly, the heater wires are both white, while the signal is black... Not positive.

Tap into it on the outside of the firewall. At least on my car, it became a coaxial cable on the inside of the firewall, one going to the O2 sensor and the other to ground. It was plenty fun cutting into it, and realizing that it was coax, and that I was going to have a hell of a time fixing it. Although it could be that my car is abnormal, so check first.
Have fun with the turbo timer, if I ever make boost, I'll have to get one, because my patience is pretty nonexistent.

Yeah when I first cut into mine many many months ago, I was like WTF? What's this outer layer of wire strands? I don't get it. Took me a while to realize what was going on and how to do it properly. I think the coax (shielded) cable is a thick green one, so you just want to splice into the thin black one near the O2 sensor.

John

I have that same turbo timer and I am atempting to figure out what wire is what of teh main three since i can't just buy a harness like they sugest to do in the directions. Anyone knwo what one is what?

Back