• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 body kit ID?

sellitsoon

Can anyone ID this for me? I'm considering purchasing the car and would like to know more about the body kit.

Photo%20Nov%2002%2C%208%2030%2056%20AM.jpg

I'm not sure if the image will show up so here is a link to it.....
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5szodcgg4xot33n/Photo%20Nov%2002%2C%208%2030%2056%20AM.jpg?dl=0

What information do you need? Those body kits were offered briefly a long time ago. So not much info unless someone has copied an old catalog. If you like the car, buy it.

I like the car, I’d buy it. The body kit looks like the one someone had for sale here recently nos. IMO it’s one of the cooler body kits for the 7/9 series.

The oldest ipd catalog cover I have (17th edition), from 1987 or 88, features a 744 with this kit on the cover. It is not identified on or inside the cover and unfortunately I only have the front/rear covers for 17th, 18th, and 19th edition of the catalogs. The oldest compete catalog I have is the 20th edition, which features Grant aero kits for the 240 and Rensi aero kits for the 240 and 700 series. This is not the Rensi kit. But the same 744 with this kit from the 17th edition is also pictured in the back of the 20th edition without any identification. If you could find a complete version of one of the older catalogs, I'm sure ipd probably sold it at some point.

The oldest ipd catalog cover I have (17th edition), from 1987 or 88, features a 744 with this kit on the cover. It is not identified on or inside the cover and unfortunately I only have the front/rear covers for 17th, 18th, and 19th edition of the catalogs. The oldest compete catalog I have is the 20th edition, which features Grant aero kits for the 240 and Rensi aero kits for the 240 and 700 series. This is not the Rensi kit. But the same 744 with this kit from the 17th edition is also pictured in the back of the 20th edition without any identification. If you could find a complete version of one of the older catalogs, I'm sure ipd probably sold it at some point.

Thank you for the information. The seller says the kit is oem but I highly doubt that. The styling is too aggressive in my opinion. The car also spent some time in Germany according to the maintenance records so maybe it got kitted up over there?

I'm in the market for a 240 wagon and I came across this car for sale. It's a bit of a project but it's really tugging at my heartstrings. Last time I was shopping I ended up with 2 cars. That may happen again.

This is a Hausser V7 bodykit for the Volvo 740 with the correct aluminium wheels.
They were quite a big supplier in aftermarket bodykits here in Western Europe, remarkable that it made it complete over the big pond :)

I uploaded the original brochure with the original price list, WeTransfer.

Last edited:
That car has been for sale before. When will you find another like it, probably never. You can buy car for wheels and body kit and put them on a wagon.

This is a Hausser V7 bodykit for the Volo 740 with the correct aluminium wheels.
They were quite a big supplier in aftermarket bodykits here in Western Europe, remarkable that it made it complete over the big pond :)

I uploaded the original brochure with the original price list, WeTransfer.

Thanks for uploading the brochure. I love stuff like this. The wheels on the car are identical but have Remotec on the center caps.

That car has been for sale before. When will you find another like it, probably never. You can buy car for wheels and body kit and put them on a wagon.

I saw it posted about 6 months ago but it was sold pretty quickly. This kid bought it and never did anything with it.

I?ll update with pics if I decide to get it.

I like it. And way better than the oe kit of the same era:

$_59.JPG

$_59.JPG

Does it have the Hausser logos like in the brochure?

Yeah I got the stupid 80's OE kit. Paid 50 buxs for the front and rear and side deals. Areo I think volvo called it.

Photo0737.jpg

Photo0750.jpg

Photo1468.jpg

I had it on that stupid 89 that ran 12.61 with 15g junkyard motor that cut up and lightened dogdish cast flywheel blew up and totaled the car and the motor and the getrag trans. Still in shock from that. Still haven't gone faster..

Back