• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Regina to LH 2.4 Swap

Sounds like a solid plan. Regina blows. In our northeast climate, they had more problems than any other EMS. That coil setup is complete crap. The shop I do some work for has at least one customer that is determined to keep his Regina wagon, converting to 2.4 makes the most sense, if a tranny job or rear main is also upcoming....

as a regina owner, i must say thnks! ive been kicking around the idea myself and trying to decide to keep my 940 or not. no +t here but was planning a worked head, headder along with the other stuff ive done. to get the most bang out of the parts i figure regina was gonna be a problem. plus for 2.4, the o2 sensor can be found for 39$

I dunno shoot...got a 90 744ti m46 for 2400 with paperwork to new, braces, bars, new tires, solid engine no slap or leak down, 2.5" 2 straight thrrough muffler stainless exhaust system.

Maintained it with new used jy parts. A/c worked at the time. Needed a little a/c work to keep going.

Free car. Deals pop up up here and automatic ones are a dome a dozen even fixed up. Can't sell a perfect sedan for more than about 2000 hardly, maybe a skosh more to the right person with desire for a nice one. 7 series are so worthless though and he motor won't quit that people who have them got them for free and just get cheaper post purchase.

Who cares? Some people have have good cars that happen to be Regina and LH parts on hand or readily available. The thread is about regina>LH conversion not why you think it's easier to buy a T car.

I bought a very nice '93 940 NA last week because there are no clean 945T's anywhere around here.
so:
Clean, original 945 - $1300
+T/LH parts - Free.99

That's a lot less than $2400 and I'll take a '93 940 over a '90 740 any day.

Hey Mike, have you looked into this any further? I pulled the LH harnesses out of my wreck today and after doing so I'm very interested in not swapping harnesses on my regina car!

If you have a harness you can swap just the wiring on the strut towers.

I will look into more and try the swap in a month or so when I swap trans on my Regina car.

This would be a great sticky to have someone do....ala the 240 Chrysler to Bosch swap.

My 93 945 is Regina....part of a Bosch harness is due to arrive tomorrow - once all is collected (harnesses, flywheel, ECUs, K-1 for the bullet heater, rum for me, etc) , mine is going 2.4 (FTW)....the hard way - everything from the fuse block on is being swapped - along with a nicer dash, etc.

i just spent an hour or so looking at the wiring diagrams, my brain is scrambled and it looks like a pita. ignition dosent look to bad but the fuel side looks crazy. altho it dose look like it wouldnt be hard to convert to the powerstage and get away from that dam crazy coil

This is easy I did it for a customer, I have the wiring diagrams on alldata and the Volvo manual wiring diagrams
if anyone needs them PM you're emal.

As soon as I find my book I will post up the wiring diagram as everything is wired the same, only different is Map / Amm and then coil/coil

That seems like an over-simplification. There's quite a few things that would need to be repinned/moved, some wires repurposed to fill in blanks, and a wire needs to be added from pin 28 on the ECU to pin 4 on the EZK that's absent in Regina. I've started looking at this process with my Dad, it's doable but it's not a matter of moving a half dozen wires and being done.

I've got a matrix in excel that lays out the ECU pins Bosch>Regina and the EZK>REX, pin to pin what goes where and whether they are different or same. We are working on some step-by-step instructions as to what needs to be moved where etc. Just to give you an idea, from my first run through we found: for the ECU's there are 24 connections similar, 18 different. For EZK/REX it's much closer ~22 same, 4 different.

I would upload the matrix to google docs but I'm at work, anyone who's interested send me your email and I'll send it to you.

Mogly, sent you a pm would be interested in how you did it.

Last edited:
yeah, definatly not a afternoon job. i could see doing it in a weekend after getting a plan of attack on the wires but. the lh system i hav is out of my 740 turbo, will the lack of the wot wire make things run funky?

Ok so tell me what I am seeing wrong

LH
http://thelostartof.net/IMG_20131103_044558.jpg

Regina
http://thelostartof.net/IMG_20131103_044646.jpg

For LH
pin 17 from EZK goes to pin 1 of LH
pin 8 from EZK goes to pin 25 of LH
pin 4 from EZK goes to pin 28 of LH

For Regina
pin 17 from Rex goes to pin 1 of Regina
pin 8 from Rex goes to pin 25 of Regina
pin 4 from Rex goes to pin 28 of Regina

As for Map vs MAF looks like those wires are used for those things only so I just have to wire the correct pin to the correct location.

Rex vs EZK all of the pins on the left go to the same spots as EZK on the left, same on the right also.

I am seeing a lot of stuff matching. So someone show me points where it doesn't seem to match up as my brain is playing tricks on me I guess.

Besides swapping flex plates, and then rewiring the Map to a Maf and coil wiring . . . .

PM me your email so I can send you my file.

I saw the following as different between Regina and LH ECU's:

I THINK we mapped it out pretty well, may save you some time. Still looks doable, I just haven't had time to really think about it since I tried to size it up.

Shorthand for Luftmasse-Hitzdraht (Seriously). It's a version of Bosch's Jetronic engine management that uses a hot wire Air Mass Meter.

Shorthand for Luftmasse-Hitzdraht (Seriously). It's a version of Bosch's Jetronic engine management that uses a hot wire Air Mass Meter.

So, how do I know if I got that or not? :wtf: I have a 93' 940. thanks

Back