• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Buchka 242 Fake Racecar

photo%25201.JPG

One hole is offset by a few millimeters. Yamaha engineers can eat a dick. But hey, why make things easy when you can make them hard?

Just one hole, notch it and the rest will still lock it in position, shouldn't be an issue right? or maybe the ocd will make you start all over...hehe.
More progress pictures!
oh and Merry Christmas!

photo%25201.JPG

One hole is offset by a few millimeters. Yamaha engineers can eat a dick. But hey, why make things easy when you can make them hard?

Funny, I have a drawing on my desk of an SHO 3.0 (Yamaha) crank pattern that looks just like that. I thought the same thing when I was messing with it.

From whoever wrote this wiki...

"Volvo began offering a 4.4 L V8 engine in its large P2 platform automobiles in 2005. It was initially offered in the Volvo XC90 SUV. It is available on the Volvo S80 and mated to a six speed Aisin Seiki transmission of Japan also with a Swedish Haldex all wheel drive system AWD. The 4.4 L V8 Volvo engine is built by Yamaha in Japan under Volvo design and specifications.
The engine is unique in Ford's wide range of V8 engines in that it is designed for transverse use and has a V6-like 60? bank angle. Officials of all three companies involved insist that the Volvo V8 is not related to the SHO engine."

If correct, Ford paid, Volvo designed/specified, Yamaha built. And everyone is distancing themselves from the SHO. Volvo got the money from it's dad. Who later left and turned the kid over to a Chinese family.

I've gotten messages about this too. I'm more likely to trust the word of my former classmates that now work as design and calibration engineers at Volvo Cars than some tech or a wiki article.

Either way, who gives a ****? Bobo the clown could have designed it for all it matters.

I've gotten messages about this too. I'm more likely to trust the word of my former classmates that now work as design and calibration engineers at Volvo Cars than some tech or a wiki article.

Either way, who gives a ****? Bobo the clown could have designed it for all it matters.

I blame engineers. Screw those guys.

"Either way, who gives a ****?" Probably the right answer. But I was responding to your 'correction' of Bassguy. So for at least 10 seconds or so, you too gave a ****. ;-)

Suspect what happened is that Volvo/Ford paid for the right to call it their design by laying out certain specifications and hiring Yamaha to do the heavy design lifting. Your former classmates at Volvo Cars could probably confirm.

In any event, I think it's pretty slick having that motor in the fake racecar.

Back