• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Yellow 95 T5-R - "The project thread"

volvoluvin

WWD for a while
(xposting from TB's)

I am now the proud owner of a Yellow...I feel like such a Volvo nerd owning one...and I love it.

I've decided to start a "catch all" thread for anything and everything I do to this car. In the past, I've started multiple threads to talk about upgrades/issues etc...but then when I go back to look at history etc, it's a bit of a pain. This way should allow me to share stuff, and get insight while capturing it all in one spot. More like a blog...

Anyway, on with how I got here, it's pretty simple, crashed my beautiful Black T5-R that I'd put a fair bit of coin and aftermarket into. That very same week, a yellow popped up on the local CL...what are the chances!? So I jumped on it...and as of this morning, October 3rd, 2009, it's mine. (Fitting my birthday is next weekend as well....)

Plans for this thing are pretty simple, take all the upgrades and "better condition" parts from my Black salvage, and swap them into the yellow. This yellow is starting out in better condition than my black one was, not by much, but just enough. The previous owner just finished a near complete "stage 0" to the car as well, timing belt, water pump etc... It's going to be fantastic to have a T5-R as a donor car for all the little bits as well.
Just for giggles, I'll put the list down of what I think I will be swapping based on my last year of work on the black, and then I can look back and see what how close it ends up being.
Now in no particular order:
Projector Headlights - Done
P2 side markers - Done
Euro Grill - Done
tailgate struts - Done
Boost gauge
3 pod mount
WB
Carbon Strut brace - Done
18" Pegs w/ Dunlops - Done
Camber bolts - Done
Manual Boost controller
16t
Custom Bondo DP
EST cat back exhaust
02 Sensors
Short Ram air intake - Done
RIP Kit
Samco coolant hoses
Manual Transmission swap with LSD
Short shift plate
Poly tranny mount
MSD Ignition coil - Done
IPD Spark plug wires - Done
Willwood BBK - (Not installed but sitting on my desk here at work)
Stereo and all speakers (Alpine IPOD HU and JVC all around) - Done
Rica ECU
Koni FSD kit and Eibach springs - Done
IPD Sways - Done

I think that's it...should be a fun winter!!

I plan on having a Volvo "raising" party with the locals at my place...beers on me. We can rip into the Black and tear it apart for all it's bits. I'm sure I'll also have a few things to sell like rims and various trim bits etc...not sure what I will do with the motor either as it's in top shape...I may just keep it for an eventual swap/replacement should anything bad happen. Damn this is gunna be great...
Ok, enough chatter, on with the pics, sorry for the iphone snaps, but it's all I have atm.
This yellow is bone stock as it rolled off the factory line with 260,000kms or 161,000miles.

3977623855_47567c3612_b.jpg

3978384370_c96e940966_b.jpg

3978384198_f43dc8893a_b.jpg

3977623127_13bf5d68ed_b.jpg

3978383174_142828bd04_b.jpg

Enjoy - I'll be sure to keep the thread active and alive.

Last edited:
So phil, how much do you want for the whole interior from your black car?

Door panels, dash board, front seats, pillar covers, carpet, floor mats, door sils...

Damn, hard to find cars in that condition these days. Sorry about your other car (I totalled my '98 S70T5m SE not too long ago :-( too) (just got done reading your thread). Have fun and hope moving on is not too hard (I now drive a '91 244 NA)!

So phil, how much do you want for the whole interior from your black car?

Door panels, dash board, front seats, pillar covers, carpet, floor mats, door sils...

That's a great question - If you drove up and tore it out, I'm sure the price would be more than reasonable...The black's interior is in great shape, including the steering wheel etc...all the alcantra is mint, no tears anywhere...

I'm sure we could work out a reasonable $$. Again, you come up and help tear it out, I guarantee you, you would get a deal.

I'll have to get one of those super licenses... I'll check into it. I have been wanting to go to Canada again.

So please, save it for me unless it becomes a really long term thing where you get frusterated, but I'll try to make it happen.

I'll have to get one of those super licenses... I'll check into it. I have been wanting to go to Canada again.

So please, save it for me unless it becomes a really long term thing where you get frusterated, but I'll try to make it happen.

ok, no worries...I probably won't be doing much for a month anyway...maybe... :-P

Hey Phil, if I come up and help you dismount the Titans would you give me a deal on them?

Not sure about the titans yet...If they will fit over my BBK, I will keep them as winters. If they don't, I will sell them...and anybody who wants to pick them up would save on shipping for sure... :-P

On a side note Phil, sorry for bringing up side deals in this thread. I didnt see it was your project thread.

The yellow is bomb! It'll be super cool with all your tight ish on it.

On a side note Phil, sorry for bringing up side deals in this thread. I didnt see it was your project thread.

The yellow is bomb! It'll be super cool with all your tight ish on it.

No problem Jordan...calling this a "project thread" is a bit off, I just want it to be a blog thread really about anything and everything to do with this Volvo...so it's all good.

Kenny will nuke anything that goes way off target anyway...right Kenny!!! :-P

Saw this on FB. Congrats Phil- glad you got back on the horse so quick! Count me in for the fixin' party!

M.

Back