• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wheel offset chart

mels

Poked around, couldn't find a chart defining the offsets for the many different RWD OEM Volvo wheels.

Has anyone put one together here? If so, could someone throw the link to me?

I'm primarily concerned with the offset difference between the 15" Draco and Virgo, if any, and the offset of the 16" Geminis I've just picked up.

Thanks!

240 wheels are +20
7/940 wheels are +25
These are pretty much interchangeable (14" 240 wheels will not fit on the later 7/9s though)

FWD wheels are anywhere from +35 to +49 and require spacers to fit onto a 2/7/9

I would sort out the 4 bolt wheels and put them on a separate chart, they wont be used here much....

Thanks for the help, guys.

I remember the photo ID thread which helps folks ID the many different wheels, which is helpful in that regard, but I was hoping for specific offsets of those wheels.

Nice spreadsheet, Freq, hopefully that'll get some attention and help you fill in the cracks!

Thanks Dawson for the offset difference between the 2 and 7/9 series. Curious if the Gemini and Virgo wheels were 200 series wheels and the Dracos were 7/9?

I ask because I need to put some winter hoops on the Virgos and get 'em on my 745, and the Geminis I'd like to get some good Summer hoops on for the rest of this season too.

The 205/55/16's that came on the Gemini's rub the frame when I turn the steering to its' stop, where the 205/65/15's that are on the Dracos don't. I understand there is a difference in treadwidth and sidewall height between the 55's and 65's, but I can't help but think there is enough of a difference in offsets to give me these clearance issues - issues I don't want to repeat with the snow hoops I'd like to hook the Virgos up with or the Summer rubber I need to replace on the Geminis.

What's everyone else's experience with using the Virgos and Geminis on a stock height 745? What tire size(s) could you go with, and did you need a spacer (I see there's a new member here taking orders for hub/wheel centric spacers)?

Thanks again guys, I'm kinda in a hurry to outfit these wheels with some nice tires and don't want any clearance issues - either in or out.

Virgo's are 240 Turbo wheels at 15x6x20et.
Draco's are 740 Turbo wheels at 15x6x25et.
The 700 Multi X are an exception at 15x7x20et.
My post #90 on page 4 of the wheel guide covers the most useful stock alloys.

What's everyone else's experience with using the Virgos and Geminis on a stock height 745?

I have Virgos on our stock height 745 with zero clearance issues but they will only fit cars with the small brakes. As for tire size, 195 60 15 has tons of clearance.

Thanks guys, I had read down through the wheel guide and didn't see the offsets for those three wheels that I'm asking about. Thanks for spelling out the Virgo and Draco, RC.

Still don't know about the Geminis, anybody?

They're looking pretty good on the car, but the rub up front with 205/55's mounted is a drag. Figure if I go with a 215/60 or 225/60 it'll be tons worse without adding spacers...

Not diggin' the wheel gap with the 205/55's.

*EDIT* Wondering if the offset value is cast right onto the wheel as I see on many others. Hmm...

Last edited:
OK, pulled the centercaps on the Geminis and it looks like they are a 20. IF that's what the "20ET" represents...

Thanks again, guys.

Virgo's are 240 Turbo wheels at 15x6x20et.
Draco's are 740 Turbo wheels at 15x6x25et.
The 700 Multi X are an exception at 15x7x20et.
My post #90 on page 4 of the wheel guide covers the most useful stock alloys.

Added. Do the Multi-Xs have a name?

Necro bump!

Can access the spreadsheet...

Anyways I'm looking for a set of 740 wheels for my 240. wheel-size.com lists a 6.5x15 ET22 wheel for the 740. I am wondering what this wheel looks like?

Last edited:
240 wheels are +20
7/940 wheels are +25
These are pretty much interchangeable (14" 240 wheels will not fit on the later 7/9s though)

FWD wheels are anywhere from +35 to +49 and require spacers to fit onto a 2/7/9
Looked at the VTO Wheels website. Their 'Fitment Guide' lists my 1980 242 15 x 6" wheel as +3mm offset. Seems that is incorrect, as it should be 20mm, according to you, and the IPD guide.

Looked at the VTO Wheels website. Their 'Fitment Guide' lists my 1980 242 15 x 6" wheel as +3mm offset. Seems that is incorrect, as it should be 20mm, according to you, and the IPD guide.
Their offsets are off. The 140 and later 1800 offset is different for sure.

Back